fuel

C

chris_gtir

hey ppl just wandering wht ur R does on fuel wise??
just that mine seems to b stupid thristy. i dnt drive it hard round town or to work, give it the odd blast now and then.
the car is pretty standard only mods being turbo back exhaust, k&n filter, dump valve, fuel pressure reg. i had the fuel reg checked as the car seemed to smell of fuel fumes if u gave it so GOGO, the adjusted it saying that it wasnt running enough pressure.
using the car rnd town and to /from work i put £30 in of super unleaded and drove like a saint everywhere and barely got 90mile out of her?
is this right or is am i just not used to it? lol or driving it wrong?:

thank you for any advice cheers chris

John

£20 of optimax gets me around 50miles top, 60 if it doesnt touch boost atol.

Has it been re-mapped atol, certainly shouldnt overfuel on idle....

KF79GTIR

Odin said:
My 500 bhp car was doing 30+ mpg on a long run and single figures on boost lol.

But I've seen 300 miles to a tank a few times but the norm is probably 200-250 miles per tank, But my old close ratio box equipped car was only doing 90 miles per tank even driving steadily :shock: :cry: .

Rob
How many years ago and what was the price per litre when you were getting 90 miles to a tank then big boy?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I managed 30mpg on a 80 odd mile trip taking it easy.
26mpg on the way to the Pod (170miles) last sunday.
23mpg coming back, not so easy in places. (had over 1/4 tank left when I got back)

This is on an RB with the close ratio box.

gtir_pimp

on average i get about 120 miles per tank which is around £55! my record id 170 miles to a tank when i was driving on the motorway at 70mph

steve963

gtir_pimp said:
how the frig is this possible?! do you mean 20 miles to £80?:lol:
no thats stuck in traffic on the way to work!

when im out 'using' the car your right!!

does run really rich though, sure I could 20 miles to £70 with some mapping lol

C

chris_gtir

well mine idles between 1000rpm and 1500rpm, which seems odd? had a few places looks at it and they seem to adjust the idle valve which works great for abt week then goes back to 1500rpm idle, maybe mine is fine on petrol i guess lol.

rams_pulsar

same here i filled up the other week got £49 in i think it was i did about 190miles then time for refuel as for the how many miles to £20 i normally put £20 in reset the counter and its normal at about 70-80miles before needed another drink!:-o

SunOnGTiR

260-280 miles a tank is my best;-)
The worst is about 190-210 miles.Standard boost is good for MPG:thumbsup:
Mind you,I used nearly half a tank going to Heathrow in a hurry.:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
That's only about 75 miles.But I got there damn quick:thumbsup:

ricey

i use the carfor deliverys round the doors and i put £20 v power in a night and get 70-80 mile max driving sensibly can make it go down alot quicker on boost tho!:roll:

my car also idles between 1000 - 1300 rpm:shock:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Motorway driving (full tank) 250-300 miles
Urban (full tank) 200miles
Hard driving - 20ltrs = 39miles

Sween

I used to get 130 miles from full to a quarter when I was running at 286 bhp with mixed driving

paz

I've just done 120 miles to a full tank and was going to ask the same question :lol:

Looks like a Power FC in the future might be the way to go.

Paz