god damned water pipes !

herbie

My R had new water pipes put on last month. Most things came off except for the head. the engine did not have to come out. Cost 450 quid in total. Was about 8 hours labour.

J

jonnyboy

poxy water pipe

just had the water pipe at the back of the engine go :shock:
read the post's on here and thought ££££££££££££ fuck that i will give it a go!!

and the outcome was...................................................?

THE BEGINING......

GETTING THERE....

WOO HOOOOOOO!!

BACK TOGETHER IN A DAY :D ......

THE OFFENDING PIECE OF PIPE ......

TOOK ME AND A VERY, VERY GOOD M8, all day :shock: but we got there.
:D :D
so i can still do my track day tomorrow 8) 8) :wink:

so there it is, it can be done with the engine in!!

if your reading this boyce BIG THANK'S TO YA :wink:
the beer's are on me :D

p.s........ TOTAL COST £4 FOR THE PIPE 8)

A

Anonymous

HOW MUCH!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

arse holes to that, i'd take that to my local garage - £5 per hour and hes a very good mechanic! For that amount of money, do you get a new clutch fitted at the same time??

Dooie Pop Pop

fook me :shock: let us know how it runs, i cant believe you' d take that much off without some sort of come back. well done! :wink:

id probably save a bolt or two :oops:

skiddusmarkus

£5 an hour!!!!It's £30 plus vat at least round here,main dealers want about £50+vat.
While my engines out I've had the 2 thick water hoses replaced that run under the inlet manifold as a precaution.

J

jonnyboy

sturat said:
fook me :shock: let us know how it runs, i cant believe you' d take that much off without some sort of come back. well done! :wink:

id probably save a bolt or two :oops:
ALL GOOD done my track day today.
run like a dream all day......... and no water to be found :D

A

Anonymous

skiddusmarkus said:
£5 an hour!!!!It's £30 plus vat at least round here,main dealers want about £50+vat.
While my engines out I've had the 2 thick water hoses replaced that run under the inlet manifold as a precaution.
the trick is to find a small garage with someone over 40 to work on ya car.
he may not be able to tune the car like the big names do, but an oil change, brake bleeding and this kind of thing he's great at.

small business, low over heads - jobs a goodun :mrgreen: