Golf GTI , Mk V.. can a GTIR play with them

youngsyp

Fast Guy said:
So what's one of those capable of? 0-60 etc?
From what I can see, the single turbo conversion will put out 450 bhp on the R32 engine and is supposed to be capable of an 11.89 qtr. That costs $18500 for the turbo kit alone and doesn't touch the bottom end except for the big end bearings and a head spacer !
The one in the vid has a twin turbo conversion. So, I'd guess it's 550 bhp/500 lb's/ft of torque at most.
They've also done some lightening work so, it'll probably weigh 1300kg's. It should be fairly quick with the DSG conversion that one has, it just doesn't look that spectacular.
Paul

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Just found abit more on one of their conversions, allegedly 360bhp

130 club
only one mile to get to speed, from a standing start, on salt w/half the grip of tarmac,....
... a 130mph mile is lot harder than it sounds, just ask nordy1899

my HPA FT-360 turbo kit put this achievement right in my pocket.
Not very impressive at all, even considering the grip.

youngsyp

Fast Guy said:
Just found abit more on one of their conversions, allegedly 360bhp

Not very impressive at all, even considering the grip.
When I first took mine to Santa pod, it managed 103 mph in 400 metres. That was fairly stock, running 12 psi of boost iirc. 130mph in 1600 metres is very average... :lol:

Paul

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
They say braking in the wet is about twice the distance needed in the dry, so salt must be like water.(probably not tho) I was hitting 110 drag racing in the wet (same as dry almost) and at Bruntingthorpe I was hitting my top speed (123mph) in about 600m

Edited to add. HPA stage II 11.7 1/4. That's pathetic if it's 550 as I saw on one site.
http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-Golf-R32-Timeslip-4277.html

Last edited:
W

wolvogtir

Yeah but the golf wouldn't fall apart or need a rebuild after.