Have I done serious damage...? updated...again...

Update: There's definitely fuel getting to the fuel rail, took the plugs out and they're black and sooty? There seems to be a spark though possibly a bit weak, help me pleeeeeeeeeease :(

MarkTurbo

You said your cap was sh*gged before, so it sounds like the previous problem has fouled the plugs which is why it wont start :wink:

Clean all the soot off the plugs and see if it starts then. Once you've cleaned them if they foul up again then you've still got a problem somewhere.

The dist cap wasn't knackered, just slightly worn after comparing the 2. Plugs are definitely fouled up though, what would cause this? Any help appreciated :D

sypher

try remove plugs and clean.
regap 0.1mm smaller than stock gap.
disconnect injector dropping resistor (left turret 5 wires).
check cylinder compression.
if poor insert small amount (T spoon size) of oil in spark plug holes
crank engine couple turns with plugs fitted
remove plugs and clean then refit.
reconnect resistor.

and if nothing else is wrong ie; hose off causing incorrect maf reading the engine should start

Ok original suggestions were right, one of the intercooler hoses had slipped off :oops: put it back together and it's much better but still a bit hesitant more when trying to hold a constant speed than under load. Doesn't like starting when it's cold and oil temp seems a little high, and pressure a little low, more suggestions please i'm going insane :evil:

Narrowed it down a bit, seems to be when trying to hold constant speed between 2-3000 rpm. Have had a look and think it could be a dump valve problem - technical bit - the piston bit inside doesn't seem to be returning properly which I guess could lead to it leaking, is this controlled by the vacuum hose as this seems to be the only possible reason, and lastly where on the back of the plenum does it go as I can't see, is it a pig to get to? HELP ME :!:

N

Nelson

Not particularly constructive. Easy to miss an intercooler hose if it's slipped off and the gap is underneath
Calm down :evil: he knows i'm only kidding :roll:

Do I? I might have been really upset by that and said something about your tailgate looking like someone has taken a dump on it, anyway turns out the dump valve was getting stuck open and just needed a bit of lube. I have power again :!: :D :D :D