Help Me

A

Anonymous

Bastard agents got me a cheap messed up car and i'm sure hes kept the money. I bet the faggots got fake receipts made.

A

Anonymous

heaven is a gtir (bry) said:
I think it will be the head gasket cos you mention the fact that the water is brown. :roll: Unlucky mate. like someone said give it a good service and run it for a couple of hundred miles and then do it again see how you get on then. also do a compression test it should be around 150 per chamber. Close your eyes and get someone else to read out the results for you, i couldnt look when we did mine on saturday. It was ok though. :D

Good luck. 8)
Is that a fact. Brown engine coolant liquid means blown head. Can there be any other reasons for this. Could you tell me any other things i should look out for to be sure the heads gone?

mattygti-r

yeah the fact its got no compression

you need to do a compression check,

and the old "mayo" test 8)

tihnk your agent is messing you about then fella,

there is nooooooooo way i can see that it would just "die" like that,

the car isnt being used so - no damage to warrant a HG gettign worse

O

one Gti-R

There are 2 otherways to check the if its the head gasket you can do a Co2 test ont he radiator,

ot you can drop the oil if you see water in the oil the head gasket is gone.

Jonno maybe i should work for Nissan :wink:

A

Anonymous

Hi There,
I wouldnt be too shocked of its condition mate, a car thats around 10 years without regular service, even if serviced will show signs of wear in the engine. I recently had the rad changed in the gtir and there was abit of brown residue, I think its rust, before anyone says there shouldnt be since everything is all alloy, I have a good example of a rusty sr20 rad in my gti that has never been maintained, not to say this is the prob, try doing a compression test or get some of this liquid you can put into the rad that checks to see if there is any petrol in the water, someone mentioned this before for blown head gaskets. Also the rattly could be the cam chain. White smoke usually mean its burning oil, or turbo needs a recon.

L

leeboy

First thing oil change, also clean the oil filler cap. it may have mayo around it, thats normally a sign of head gasket, but if the car has been standing and fired up for short times youll have the same result.

plugs, give them a clean. if theyre foocked change them.
change the coolent, and flush it out.
Put a tank of optimax in it and run it, check the coolent level all the time. give it a good blast down the motor way to shake all the cob webs off, change the oil again.

If its still smoking, you got probs. check the cap for mayo. I think it will be alright
good luck

c4cpa

my rad/coolant liquid colour was a browny/orange when i first got my R, just flushed the rad thru and did a complete coolant change. Are you warming the car up properly before caning it?
I got white smoke when i changed from 5th to 4th at high speed on motorway - thought it was turbo but mates reckon it was just fuel where ecu was trying to compensate ?!?

Just to add that most R's are quite 'tappy' sounding.

skiddusmarkus

Mine sat for a year and then started first time when put back together.He can't use that as an excuse.The cruddy petrol excuse doesn't really hold water either as that's what your fuel filter is for.
There'd be mayo in the top of the engine if you're HG had gone.It would also be down on compression and chug along like Thomas the tank engine.

A

Anonymous

I've checked for mayo but i can't see none. The oil seems water free.The car does not seem to have any mayonaise. However the radiator water is of an orangey red brown colour in which there are little bits of white stuff swimming around in it but there again that may be dirt. None of this is in the oil. I had a toyota hiace which needed a hg about 3 years back. That normally used to overheat and suck water like a motherfucker. The R doesn't.

I

Innovate Performance

Could be the headgasket but it is always hard to tell from peoples discriptions. Would get the block test done and get some one to check it over.

A

Anonymous

Hopefully tomorow i will find out if my head has gone. I'd like to ask what is meant by blue smoke? Can you describe the colour. Yesterday i put my hand near the smoke and smelt it. It smells proper like engine oil?

I

Innovate Performance

Blue smoke is when the exhurst gases have a slight blue colour to them which can be valve stem seal or piston rings or your turbo starting to go. The smell normally gives it away.

If you start to fill the road up with smoke and you cant see behind you the you are burnung sh*t loads of oil and this could be you turbo, Headgasket, or a blow engine :cry:

B

BFMurphy

Firstly service it. if its a could day it will have white smoke. ij just depends how much. when petrol is combusted water is produced. and turns o steam which on a cold day shows up.

A

Anonymous

Good news. The test shows that the head is okay. I also got the car mot'd. Its passed. Jus waiting to register it.

A

Anonymous

Fast Guy said:
So what was the fault then?
they let any old mong import cars when all they want is a quick quid.
i foookin hate masterbaters like that tw@t :evil:
before they are allowed to import cars,they should have to prove they know what end to put the foookin key in :evil: