HKS SSQV a problem fixed

youngsyp

GTIR-LOZ said:
i have one on order will let you know what it sounds like i am told that it is different though:roll:
It is different bud but, only in colour. There's some print from HKS somewhere that even states the gold insert was released purely as a cosmetic change for the standard silver 3 fin insert.
The purple insert is designed to change the sound however, I'm sure using the recirc insert to vent to atmosphere would change the sound too. I keep meaning to buy one to find out !

youngsyp

Dooie Pop Pop said:
you could rig a kids trumpet to it or maybe one of those party whistles that unfolds from your vent everytime you let off:D
I've been dying to fit a thistle whistle on to mine. That would be absolutely hilarious, everytime I changed gear on boost !! :lol:

vizi0n

hey I have a purple insert if anyone is looking for one, i prefer the 3 spoke insert :D

by the way, what's the best "bolt setting" on those older model SSQV, mine's tightened all the way in and works well

youngsyp

vizi0n said:
by the way, what's the best "bolt setting" on those older model SSQV, mine's tightened all the way in and works well
I have mine screwed all the way in too and it works great. Slight surge at low boost but, normal sound at higher to full boost !

Bart GTI-R

I have a gold Insert one in mine and when coming off full boost sounds quite high pitched like the one in the Vid, I fitted the gold one before fitting it to the car so dont know what the purple one's like.