How to launch and then 1 to 2 gear change

MarkTurbo

Dooie Pop Pop said:
no:lol: when i watched you do it you just increased the revs till you got where you want and then let go...made it look so easy:cry:
It is that easy.....................................when you dont give a s**t if your gearbox ends up in a heap of bits on the floor :lol:

J

jpward

danmo said:
jpward - i didn't mean on the throttle then totally off the throttle, i meant to like feather it quickly - just hard to explain - but if u were any good u'd know what i mean!!!!
Am waiting for fast guy to back me up on this, as remember him agreeing with me a while ago about this and we all know that he's good at launching.
It doesnt work with a SSQV ive tried to tell you that!!

Ive been lanching the same R for 8 years i think i know how to do it now vid's up soon ;-)

paz

Your first to second gear change is easy - you just need to depress the clutch and pull the lever into second gear :lol: ;)

paz

O

Odin

:shock: :shock: I can't believe that this 5hite post has mad it into 3 pages!!!! :roll: :roll: . What a load of drivel :cry: .

Rob

Dooie Pop Pop

MarkTurbo said:
It is that easy.....................................when you dont give a s**t if your gearbox ends up in a heap of bits on the floor :lol:

i just need to time it right thats all....iv done it right before honest lol

D

danmo

I took a vid on a friends phone of a 0 - 100 with a launch (vid is of the speedo and rpm dials), it was in the 'slightly wet' though, and the 1st to second change would have been quicker had I not had been holding a phone lol. Will try to post it up tonight as he goes on holiday for 10 days tomorrow and will end up forgetting about it.
I don't have a ssqv i have a forge atmospheric dump valve, and this way works for me, as u'll see.
I weigh about 70kg and my friend that was with me weighs just under 90kg, so would have been quite a bit quicker with him out of the car lol