i like this

Tim

I'd be up for a few sprints next year, although how you'd keep it fair with differing levels of power i'm not sure?

Chris1

Oooooo tasty.
Stu said he was hoping you'd have it off him.
Don't sell it Bob, keep it and have some fun. It belongs amoungst the trees so get a co-driver and go rallying.

STU666V

Sprints!!! ;-)
Think you should have one up here in sunny scotland?
My motor club has a fun day at Knockhill every year (about Oct) or we got have a sprint some where?

vss irvine

http://www.ajecracing.co.uk/AAAS/AJEC AWD ACADEMY SALOON CAR CHAMPIOMSHIPS REGULATIONS.pdf

read about this and it does sound interesting, if its still going in 2011 i think i could be very interested in it.

rolling starts to protect transmission

max 400hp (at flywheel)

and plenty of time between rounds to rebuild the car!!

dates-

Race Events:

5th April – Castle Combe

8th/9th May – Silverstone

5th/6th June – Brands Hatch

25th July – Oulton Park

30th Aug – Castle Combe

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

now that is very interesting martyn, il be reading through that properly a little later.
the main hurdle at the moment is getting a car to be reliable enough to get through practice,qualifying, race day with races lasting approx 1/2hr
may sound very simple but its a major problem when running over 400bhp, as myself and steve ferguson have found on a few occasions lol.

ive stepped down the boost so only running around 350 on track and il see if that works this week at brands. in all fairness the engine and quaife, clutch etc all seems to be spot on its just niggly little things which cause the probs. you solve one and another rears its oogly head lol.

with regard to the gtiroc possible sprint / track days i think these could be a bit of fun (nothing serious) but competetive at the same time, and im sure theres a few of us on here and the other site that would be up for this....especially as more cars are now becoming track based.
powers pretty much irrelevant tbh as a smaller tubby will be less laggy so youll have an advantage on a smaller type circuit anyway.

vss irvine

i could be interested in a sprint series next year for fun, would have to be spread out (dates wise) to allow me to sort out work commitments and travel details/arrangements ( as id have a bit further to travel than most!!)

could we even fit in a scottish round??

it would be a trek but could make a weekend of it?

id say 4 or 5 dates max would allow plenty of people to take part?

if i can help with any details let me know, ie

http://www.eastayrshirecc.co.uk/

my local circuit

MarkTurbo

MLR Sprint Series.........why not......... GTIROC Sprint Series :thumbsup::-D8)
Its about time this club pulled its finger out and did something like that, i've been doing a few small sprints this year with a local car club and they've been really good ;-)

Maybe some of the club funds that are sat in a bank account somewhere gathering dust could be spent on some timing gear or something and getting a few events organised :lol:

The only problem i can see is the usual lack of interest and poor turnouts :?

ChrisS

Its about time this club pulled its finger out and did something like that, i've been doing a few small sprints this year with a local car club and they've been really good ;-)

Maybe some of the club funds that are sat in a bank account somewhere gathering dust could be spent on some timing gear or something and getting a few events organised :lol:

The only problem i can see is the usual lack of interest and poor turnouts :?
In fairness there wasa good turnout for the oulton track day, both driving and watching. Could be the shape of things to come.

vss irvine

andy what about starting a new thread for a sprint 'series' and see how much interest there is before it goes any further?

would be handy aswell if people knew what spec of safety gear they need for theyre car to take part?

if theres not much interest then it saves alot of work? however not everyone would have to make every event for it to go ahead?

Last edited:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I'm looking at location rental fee's, event insurance and timing equipment etc.

We'd need over 50 cars to participate in such an event.

If we can get that then I’d get it sorted. 8)

I'll do a bit more digging, but I think a separate thread about this would be best.

I'll sort that out over the weekend...

olliecast

i`ve been thinking about mabe using some timing gear thats used for downhill mountain bike practice.
Its just if they`d let us onto the track, with timing equipment with it not being msa goverened.

Will have to look into it more

STU666V

Would this be track days or sprints? MLR do sprints and let other types of cars in to make up the numbers?
If this did go ahead i might do this instead of the MSA sprints/hillclimbs?
Cars would last a lot longer doing sprints?
Only thing for me is i am about 1 hr north of Aberdeen!

olliecast

I'd be very temped to take that approach aswell stu.

We ought to start a thread then we could suggest tracks and distance people would travel then we'd be able to tell if its viable.

Just seen andy starting a thread about it.

Get in!

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

you dont need 50 for sprints! trackdays yes but sprint circuits are much much cheaper
eg...curborough is around £500 for the day (so thats around £50 a head if theres ten of us) and there are places like that dotted all over the uk, obviously these need to be in different parts of uk so its fair on the scottish members also as well as those down south

i think the best solution 'as already said' is to start another thread and see who is genuinely interested on both forums (i would guess around 8-10 on this forum alone).
you may find it easier for both clubs to pitch together on this and perhaps involve another club such as 200sx oc, for which ru55gtir has a lot of contacts, perhaps a combination of sprints, hillclimbs and trackdays.......
the 200oc arrange a lot of motorsport events such as above and youll have no problem getting numbers that way.
just a thought

Another one! To say you hate the way pulsars break on you, you must love them really! Looks good!
yes im a glutton for punishment chris, but i do love these cars for some warped reason:lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

pulsar_stu

Good to see you today Bob! I hope to see you ragging this one around the tracks etc next year.

Thanks for bringing my newest gtir up with you mate :D