IDLING @ 1500 RPM

I

Innovate Performance

Re: idling

mohsan said:
whats wrong with my car then for it to be idling at 1500 rpm?
i cant see no probs
Have you tried to ajust the idle, if not i would try that and have you checked the air regulator.
If the answers are yes then i have not got a clue.
Will have a think about it.

N

nelly R

I could just adjust my idle but that is defeating the object because there is definitly a fault with it because it was fine before so i have booked it into hyeline performance for the 23rd. I will let you know what the fault was for those of you with the same problem. :)

Dan_GTiR

Re: idling

mohsan said:
whats wrong with my car then for it to be idling at 1500 rpm?
i cant see no probs
I have the same problem. First thing on a morning after the cold start has tripped out it idles at about 1000-1150 which I can live with, but once it is warmed right up, it idles at 1500rpm which at the moment is starting to do my head right in :x

I have checked the vacuum pipes etc and cannot find anything wrong. I am now stuck as what to do next.

Have not tried to adjust the idle, as I am unsure on how to do this and I haven't got a clue to where the air regulator is. :?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dan. :)

N

nelly R

That is exactly the same as mine Dan I have gone through the vacum pipes and there is no splits. Tha guy at hyeline said it could just need reseting or a dirty connecter somwhere but to be honest it is doing my fecking head in especitially with my mongoose making all that noise and the timer making it idle on the drive for 2 minutes. I will let you know what the fault is because your problem is identical to mine. :(

I

Innovate Performance

by the sounds of what every one is saying it sound like you all have the same sort of problem.

I think it is the air regulator staying open after the warm up period of the engine has finish.

The air regulator should be fully closed after about 7 mins. if not it acts like an air leak.

but i am not 100% sure this is every ones problem. i will try to work out a fix and will post findings.

mohsan

gtir idling

not tried to adjust the idle, as I am unsure on how to do this and I haven't got a clue to where the air regulator is.
not only that im not confident at these fings, im taking the car to atuner on the 27th as i have a problem with my boost, my actuator needs replacing. so i will ring them and let them know and make them aware of this, so the R should be idling at 850 - 900, if im right and higher with AC, i have no AC and my car is idling at 1500, does it actually make a differnce whether youve uprated it or not? i will get it put right, and it must be the air regulator as my car is running good in general

andygtir

I have the same problem. First thing on a morning after the cold start has tripped out it idles at about 1000-1150 which I can live with, but once it is warmed right up, it idles at 1500rpm which at the moment is starting to do my head right in
same here!

the only thing im worried about, if i adjust the idle control screw itll run fine when fully warmed up, but during its cold start cycle when it does drop to 1000rpm for a few minutes wont it just stall? :?

be good to hear if the sorting the air regulator makes a difference.

the only other possibility i heard that it could be the plenium gasket may have a leak in it but then id have thought itll idle high all the time???

I

Innovate Performance

The way to check for an air leak is to spray WD40 round the gasket and see if the engine rpm drops. if it does you have a leak.

If you ajustthe idle when warm it is when the idle value is working the lest amount.
So when you are cold the idle valve works at a 100% and reduces as the engine warms up so it should be fine.

I will try to discribe the location of the air regulator in a bit and then you can try blocking off the pipe from the plenium chamber to the regulator to see if it stops the problem.

I

Innovate Performance

The air regulator is under the inlet mainifold mounted to the bottom of the throttle bodies.
It has 2 pipes on it one either side all you need to do is crimp one up to block it with a pair of plyers or molegrips.

you may find it easier doing this from underneith. it can be a basta*d.

Here is the description of the air regulator as per Nissan manuals.

Air regulator

The air regulator provides an air by-pass when the engine is cold for the fast idle during warm up.
A bimetal, heater and rotary shutter are built into the air regulator. When the bimetal temperature is low, the air by-pass port opens, As the engine starts and electric current flows through the heater, the bimaetal begins to turn the shutter to close the by-pass port. the air passage remains closed until the engine stops and the bimetal temperature drops.

I think the air regulator is staying open giving you all fast idle all the time. :(

By blocking the air regulator pipes you are basicly turning off the fast idle. :D

Give it a try and let me know how you all get on. :D :D :wink: