Im entering a Drag racing event this weeknd will my R be alright?

MarkTurbo

Spoke too soon :lol: Went to load the car on the trailer this afternoon and it wouldnt start, for some reason theres no power going to the ecu so it can sit on the drive and rot for another few months now :evil:

I'm off mountain biking tomorrow now so good luck, 5500-6000rpm and sidestepping the clutch is the best way to get off the line up there ;-)

C

Coffey

I went but didnt race due to the weather looking like ti was going to piss it down any second but it didnt lol ahh well was cool to wacth will be entering on the 11th of may though :) aslong as its nice and sunny.

GTi-R23

Yeah and would have been a bit more forgiving on drivetrain components due to less available grip, you should have run, would've been good practice.
I love driving mine in the wet.

Sorry, just actually read your post and it didn't rain:doh:

C

Coffey

LOL yea it didnt rain in the end I just thought it was going to so just went up to watch with my Girlfriend but then when i got there it stayed pretty nice all day lol just my luck. Oh well I will be racing on the 11th of May instead :) I think I would have done really well after watching some of the other cars :) we will see next time.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It's abit trickier launching in the wet, you either light the wheels up or bog down due to lack of revs. I've had my fastest 60ft in the wet and I was only 0.2s slower than in the dry over the 1/4. That was with a slipping clutch and almost aquaplaning at 100 due to the big puddles.

tomble

Two of my mates ran... one had a grey 180sx with wide arches riveted on, the other had a starlet gt which i believe had the third fastest time of the day??

Anyone see these guys run?

Tom

C

Coffey

I saw them run. Dont know which car of the day i was most impressed with i didnt really think any of the 200sx's or starlets seems that fast to be honest.

I took 1 video that i will try and upload tomorrow night its of a black RX7 VS as 550BHP toyota Hilux lol was a good race:) the hilux was very quick.

C

Coffey

The starlet may have been the third fastest time of its class but i doubt it was the third fastest of the day mate as there were alot of faster cars than a starlet unless he was running alot more than the standard 135BHP. I didnt once here of any of the starlets making amazing times but I could be wrong. What BHP is your mates starlet running?

tomble

it was probably in the fwd class, though he is running forged internals and a maxed out scooby td04 blower. its a fair little car (270bhp) though the power, i think, is quite hard to get to the asphalt!

Tom

C

Coffey

Oh right bloody hell thats quite alot of power for a little starlet would of been very quick then but like you say would find it very hard to put down the power. I saw a black starlet race a white wide bodied Pulsar the pulsar won though :)

C

Coffey

I did hear alot of the time yea I just cant remember them lol sorry mate :( There were some pretty good times though but thats all I remember.

C

Coffey

I found out the fastest Jap car time of the day was an scooby with a 7.7second 1/8th of a mile which would work out as a mid 11's to early 12's 1/4mile

MarkTurbo

Is anyone going to the next one this coming sunday?

Ive sorted the problem with my car (turned out to be a corroded pin in one of the wiring loom connections under the bonnet :doh: ) so might take my car up for a few runs on the handling course.

C

Coffey

I may be going mate depends if my car gets out the body shop in time :)

Dan

MarkTurbo

Was a bit hot yesterday but i managed to get an 8 secs dead run on the drag strip which works out as about a 12.5 1/4 mile.

Also missed out on winning the handling course by 0.2 secs :doh: Mainly due to the fact that the steering lock on our cars is so crap and i was losing loads of time on the first 2 corners because i was struggling to even get round them :shock: