in this months ppc

gtir bean

the pads that my calipers use are the same as pajero and L200 ones.not sure what ones in the range thou.i reckon the shogun?pajero ones will be the same as the evo.

M

mynheers_a_pint

how odd. I was litterally about to post the same thread on here!

I thought it was a fairly well writen tuning guide and if the mitsi kit is a good option i think thats the route i will go. One question though- are mitsi calipers better than standard- i only ask as i have been looking at the hi spec option and if they are it makes the descision simpler.

kenan

South West Regional Rep
so if I was to get the disks, calipers, pads and carrires from an evo 1-3 it's a direct fit. Is anything else required?

could you also advise how much of an improvement it is?

stumo

kenan said:
so if I was to get the disks, calipers, pads and carrires from an evo 1-3 it's a direct fit. Is anything else required?
you also need neons for it to be effective

24.796% (approximately)

KF79GTIR

kenan said:

Anything is an improvment over the OE ones.:thumbsup:

Kev.

kenan

South West Regional Rep
stumo said:
24.796% (approximately)
bugger, I was looking for 24.798% improvement :(

Just wondering if it's worth doing or just going for a HiSpec/Willwood conversion

KF79GTIR

kenan said:
bugger, I was looking for 24.798% improvement :(

Just wondering if it's worth doing or just going for a HiSpec/Willwood conversion
That all depends on what you use it for and how much you want to spend.

Kev.

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I want to be able to do say 4 track days a year and then weekend use other than that. Happy to spend what is needed, but don't want to go ott. I'v got 283mm on my 205 and is perfect for the size/weight of the car.

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Yeah I know. After driving that driving the R with standard brakes scares the 5h1t out of me.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
R brakes - single piston
evo 1 -3 - double piston.

its only a cheaper option, if you can afford to spend more then get the willwoods etc. its just the std brakes are so bad that these are what should have been on the car when new, so wouldn't say its an upgrade as such its just you may now be able to stop :lol: