Last week I ……………..

Dooie Pop Pop

Keira said:
i noticed slightly lower oil temps when i wrapped my manifold on the black car
well iv got some lagging to do soon anyway so i might as well give it a go.

i had a cunning plan for ceramic coating the standard heat shield... i tried to explain it to you on the phone but the conversation went like this...

stu: im thinking about ceramic coating my standard heatshield...

kiera: eh what? i cant hear a ****ing thing....

repeat

:lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
kenan said:
Where did you get that rocker cover from? looks really good
The rocker cover itself was a spare one I had, I stripped it back to metal with paint stripper and sanded it smooth and had it powder coated. When I went to collect it from the coaters though I was not impressed as it was covered in ripples, lumps and bumps e.t.c. so I asked the bloke if I could rub the ripples out and spray on top of the powder coating and thats what I did.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Keira said:
i noticed slightly lower oil temps when i wrapped my manifold on the black car
The heat wrap I got was about 5mm thick :? so I had to grind all the webs out from between the runners before I could get the wrap on :x

I think my (probably slight overkill TBH ) 24 row oil cooler keeps my oil temps down OK

Dooie Pop Pop

stevepudney said:
The heat wrap I got was about 5mm thick :? so I had to grind all the webs out from between the runners before I could get the wrap on :x

I think my (probably slight overkill TBH ) 24 row oil cooler keeps my oil temps down OK
lmfao! iv got a 16 row cooler and tbh other than when its really hot ambient wise or im in traffic i rarely see it go over 75-80:lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Dooie Pop Pop said:
lmfao! iv got a 16 row cooler and tbh other than when its really hot ambient wise or im in traffic i rarely see it go over 75-80:lol:
It's great in the summer, the oil temp never fluctuates off about 85 degrees but in winter the oil takes about 25 miles to warm up :?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Just an update
Re. the seat mounts above, still happy with them but as I said the seating position is lower than the OEM position by at least 40-50mm, this being the case even with the steering wheel in it's lowest setting, the driving position is still a little “sit up and beg” thinking about this today I removed the cowling round the base of steering wheel to take a look and see how the OEM adjustable steering column actually works. I then got my die grinder out :-D and carved out the metal that was in the way :-D

Now the wheel sits 35mm lower :-D much better

funny thing is though, I know 40-50mm isn't allot but being that much closer to the ground really makes it feel like it makes a big difference, if you know what I mean, centre of gravity and all that

Dan_GTiR

Hi Steve.

NIce to see the car coming along.

I take it that you have not used any seat rails, but have them in a fixed position?

Dan.

jameswrx2

Good to see some decent home brewing.

Regarding the centre vents and the 'pain in the rear' refitting. All you need to do is unclip the cable from the heater box (viewable in centre from drivers footwell) and the dash area complete with cable comes out. It's designed that way so when you refit the dash part and air vents in one, feed the cable back down, put the end eye over the lever on the heater box and then re-clip it in place. Sorry if you knew this but just wondered why you made the wing nut things.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Just to drag up an old thread, yesterday I did this

I have done it before but years ago and I forgot how amazing it was, I enjoyed it so much we organised pilot lessons and put a deposit down on buying one for ourselves