Lean AFR's.......... fixed ?

P

pulsarboby

why are you worried about it paul?
if its all running ok and the plugs arent running hot or burnt then it cant be far out!

run the car into an mot station and get them to put a co h/c test on it at different rpm range, this will give you a very good indication on whats occuring.

if you pop down to essex in the not too distant future then il run the test for you providing its on a saturday!

youngsyp

pulsarboby said:
why are you worried about it paul?
if its all running ok and the plugs arent running hot or burnt then it cant be far out!

run the car into an mot station and get them to put a co h/c test on it at different rpm range, this will give you a very good indication on whats occuring.

if you pop down to essex in the not too distant future then il run the test for you providing its on a saturday!
Bob,

I'm only worried as, the dyno day made me believe there was an issue. Fact is, the car has run, as it does now, for as long as I've had it. The only difference is, it's quicker now due to the mods I've performed.
The timing is spot on, spark plugs the colour they should be, it idles solidly at 900-950 rpm and it doesn't chuck masses of fuel out the back. It drives faultlessly, has switch like throttle response, holds boost perfectly and made 318 bhp and 293 lb's ft of torque, from just 1.1 bar and an exhaust and air filter kit (plus some very minor porting of the intake track), everything else stock, including turbo and TMIC.
The guy's at the dyno place, were constantly fiddling with the tailpipe probe and, managed to get a vacuum/boost reading, it would seem, without 'T'ing into the vacuum/boost circuit but, just pulling a hose off and attaching the dyno hose. Plus, in the past at MOT time, they've had issues getting a CO and HC reading because of the tailpipe/rearbox.
Baring all this in mind, I'm sure there isn't a problem but, that little inkling there could/could have been an issue has got the frighteners up me, as it were !

Good idea on the MOT station check and thanks for the offer of the emissions test too.
After having a chat with Jim, I'm debating to invest in a wideband lambda monitor, with my brother. If I don't do that, I'll get the car back on a dyno and get the AFR's checked again !

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

ive got an aem fuel air meter on one of the cars im breaking but im not sure what make it is, but it was working as the car was running, il see if the laddies have removed it yet if your interested in that.
it looks the same as a wideband but havent really checked to see what it is. it came off chitown's car so if you look up his car for sale thread it should tell you what it is lol

youngsyp

pulsarboby said:
ive got an aem fuel air meter on one of the cars im breaking but im not sure what make it is, but it was working as the car was running, il see if the laddies have removed it yet if your interested in that.
it looks the same as a wideband but havent really checked to see what it is. it came off chitown's car so if you look up his car for sale thread it should tell you what it is lol
Thanks Bob.

I just had a look round for posts from the chap and it appears that the gauge is of the narrowband variety. Thanks for the offer though. ;-)