look wot ive been making for the gtir.....

Keira

stomski said:
£300?!?!?!?!?! :lol: :lol:
whats funny about that then ? do the maths numbnuts.

i'll make it easy for you.

approximately if you break it all down.

filter £90
hard pipe £60
silicon hoses £30
the box £100
cold air duct to feed box £20

:roll:

S

Stoned

Looks like it, and presumably not for R's who have relocated their header tank bottles to the passenger side either

D

disco dave

mines a bit different to the other one guys mine has a top that seals all the air foff and 3 entry points for thr cold air the otheres dnt have a top so wots the point in bothering with a sheet of alli that does nothing..

stomski.. 300 may sound a lot but that cos ur a tight cuunt ....

and dooie u can fit anything intio it as il custom make them to ur requirements ...

Keira

disco dave said:
stomski.. 300 may sound a lot but that cos ur a tight cuunt ....
your sales pitch requires some work dave :lol:

and i wont say i told you so :wink: :roll: :lol:

D

disco dave

tbh bert i think ur right i duno why i bother putting picks up ...or even mentioning it..

S

stomski

disco dave said:
mines a bit different to the other one guys mine has a top that seals all the air foff and 3 entry points for thr cold air the otheres dnt have a top so wots the point in bothering with a sheet of alli that does nothing..

stomski.. 300 may sound a lot but that cos ur a tight cuunt ....and dooie u can fit anything intio it as il custom make them to ur requirements ...
i wont deny that comment :wink: :lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
£60 for a hard pipe like that, you are kidding :shock: !!!!! :lol: Or is that just the mock up for the prototype kit ??

M

Mr Overboooost

stevepudney said:
£60 for a hard pipe like that, you are kidding :shock: !!!!! :lol:

got to agree with steve on this one the pipe doesnt look that great :roll:

D

disco dave

ok then guy tell me how to make a pipe that goes up above the turbo by 12 inchs but u only have a 12 lenght to do it in total if u bend it tits so tight its squashes the pipe at least this way its still got 60 mm all the way through the centre

J

jiw

try getting stainless bends dave, if you want a contact for them catch me on MSN :wink:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Dave, if you take a look at the standard T28 inlet (the 6 - 8 inch metal bit that bolts to the turbo comp housing) it has a rim around the end which actually narrows the pipe by about 1/4 of an inch, so cut that pipe so it's about 3 inches or just enough to clip a Samco into place, this then gives you quite alot more room to work with and you can make up something nice with 2 short 45 degree 3 inch bends.
If you polish them up before you do any welding then it makes them easier to do a final polish around any small return pipes you might have welded on. It can be done cause me and Mr Tig have done it :wink:
Or if you wanted to do a really smart job you could use Ali bends, this would help as they stay cooler and help keep the weight down.

Dan_GTiR

disco dave said:
ok then guy tell me how to make a pipe that goes up above the turbo by 12 inchs but u only have a 12 lenght to do it in total if u bend it tits so tight its squashes the pipe at least this way its still got 60 mm all the way through the centre
I just used 2 90* 2 1/2" diameter stainless bends, cut about 40mm off each end and welded them back up to form an S bend, job done :D

Dan. :)

D

disco dave

erm thats easy if u havent the full facts which u dnt. have firstly the pipe is stainless steel with s steel welds so it can be easy polished but was prefered to be painted. also the turbo intake pipe has already been cut to fit that pipe also i had to get the pipe out and up to go imbertween two other pipe and back stright to fit the box.. its easy to make a comment when u havent got the full fact s and if u wana bodge to 90 degree bends togeather which u brought ffrom a hygenic steel place that s up to u the pipe i made has a fast flow and gets round all the pipes that i need it to do as every gtir has different suff and specs that why the whole thing was custom made to that car....

J

jiw

if u wana bodge to 90 degree bends togeather which u brought ffrom a hygenic steel place that s up to u
wonderful and straight to the point dave but our way is better :p