MOT today :-(

J

Jamz

You're asking for serious trouble with 2 year old fuel. :shock: I'd change that before messing with anything else.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
campbellju said:
Been told you can't get valid insurance for the road without an MOT. Need trade insurance that I don't have. Could be rubbish but makes sense.
Jim

Yes you can... I've done it...

When i bought my car from japan 4 years ago now... I was allowed to drive home and to a prebooked MOT without Road TAX and MOT...

I had the car insured by the chasis number as it obviously wasn't registered at this point...

Rishi

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Jamz said:
You're asking for serious trouble with 2 year old fuel. :shock: I'd change that before messing with anything else.
Would you advise burning it (Down to the last two gallons) or syphoning it?

A

Anonymous

campbellju said:
Jamz said:
Would you advise burning it (Down to the last two gallons) or syphoning it?
i'd top it up with optimax and go for a gentle run :wink: to run it off.
just add a couple of gallons a few times.

J

jasegould

IIRC the rear wheels will be stiff to rotate if the fronts are still on the floor....altho I may be wrong

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
My rears were stiffer to rotate whatever. I assumed it was sticking barake pads rather than diffs as the fronts rotated easily.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
UPDATE

Passed its MOT yesterday :D 8) :D

All the discs had to be skimmed, the rear callipers needed a major service but will now carry on for another year or so. New pads on the back and skimmed the front pads on the advice of the mechanic as there is loads of meat on them still and I bet they are the wrong side of £100 to buy.

The brakes then breezed through the MOT

The lamabda sensor was changed and I added a new tank of optimax and some octane booster for good measure.

The car's running cleaner than an electric milk float... well, almost.

I now have a shiney new MOT :D 8) :D

Then Adrian Flux upset me with my new insurance quote :shock: :(

Its never easy is it

Jim

O

Odin

campbellju said:
Then Adrian Flux upset me with my new insurance quote :shock: :(

Try A-plan fella i got mine 3ed party fire and theft for £370 all in or £590 fully comp :wink: .

rob