Nissan FAST CD

fil_gtir

I have a copy of the Nissan Electronic Parts Catalogue which the garages use for part numbers and spares.

Its one CD and is very useful as it explodes the pics to show all the parts on a particular item, gaskets, washers, bolts.

It contains all Nissans up to end of last year, including the Skyline. Makes interesting reading.

If anyone wants a copy, let me know.

Phil

fil_gtir

I can only really rip the cd and post on something like bittorrent.

Is this ok?

Phil

ps I think its the same as the one on eBay

fil_gtir

[[[[[[[ LINK SHOULD NOW BE UP - PLEASE TRY ]]]]]]]]]]

BITTORRENT

Here is a link that hopefully works to link to my bt tracker. You can download the torrent from there.

Anybody who doesnt know how to use, tell me what I can do.

Phil

PS If you do download, please leave your bt client open to help others.

fil_gtir

Its up and running guys but i cant run it forever.

heres your chance to get a free copy of what they are selling for a fiver on ebay

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
How does bittorrent work? :oops: If I click on the link and then the file name, I get a 39K download and nothing else :?

fil_gtir

you need a bittorrent client like this one

http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/bittorrent/BitTorrent-3.4.2.exe

install it, you may need to open a port for it on router or firewall, normally 6881.

open .torrent (39k) file with this program it should connect to me and download a .rar file. unrar this file and burn contents of first directory to the root of a CD, or you might be able to run off the hard drive, havent tried.

also if possible, if you leave the window open after downloading you can then help others download theirs quicker. it has only been posted on this board so everyone who gets it should be on here.

Phil

fil_gtir

there doesnt appear to be many downloading it for various reasons.

Is there anything else i can do to get it to you?

Phil

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've finally got it downloading and it's hogging my 1meg broadband with it's 5kbps downloading :?
:p

fil_gtir

sorry mate, tell me about it, there are 2 others uploading as well so it should speed up.

i just hope it works when you get it ! :p

its really the only reliable, but slow, way of sending it.

phil

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
So what do I do with this .rar file? :oops: How do I view the contents as windows cannot open it? :?

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
a .rar is an archive (like a .zip)
decompress it :)
it will create a folder called "NissanFAST"
drag this entire folder into your cd burning program (would have been better if it was in a disk image but still works this way)
which should recognise the format (CDROM XA) and burn accordingly
then run the setup.exe file (in the appropriate win verison folder) to install the program
but you still need the original cd mounted for it to work (keeps the data there)

ps. thanks heaps phil!

fil_gtir

the reason its in a rar cause i have a shit upload and it halves the size of the file

on my original cd there is no nissanfast directory, everything inside is in the root of the cd