Nissan FAST CD

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
How do I decompress it? :oops:
When I click on properties, there's no extract all feature like you get with a zipped file. Do I need another application to unzip the .rar?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think I must have a bad download. I got winrar, but it tels me lots of headers are corrupt and if I try extracing it to a folder I get lots of empty files. :?

fil_gtir

Its not up at the moment because no one was downloading and i cant use my computer much which its sending it.

you shouldnt have a bad download as bittorent checks every block it sends against a hash code.

has anyone got it working, i could be sending a duff file. (shalom)

If anyone knows any other way of sending, i wil try that.

i also have about 150megs of video footage of all the races of the 1993 European Rallycross championship at which 2 gtirs race in.

Was thinking of bittorent for this aswell.

Any ideas.

E

Eric Yellow

Downloaded is (many thanx!) but can't get it to work.
In setup I get somekind of error at about 80% when installing....
Any ideas what it could be ??

E

Eric Yellow

OK, fixed that, now I have it installed, but when I try to open it, I get the error: FAST CD NOT FOUND, CLICK TO EXIT
So something must be wrong I guess..?

fil_gtir

Have you burnt it to disk, the disk itself is called ER0311 (dont know if it needs this - er zero 311)

when you burn, burn the contents of nissanfast directory to disc, not the nissan fast directory.

ie in explorer disk root should like :

E

Eric Yellow

OK, thanx for last post, got it wirking now, just 1 more question....
Has anyone got a manual ??;);)

fil_gtir

what for on how to use it

here goes

open nissan menu from programs
select fast system
click on the cd icon and select your vehicle (n14)
then select engine and grade
then click the 6th icon (looks like a tv screen with car) and it will list the parts
double click on the letter of your section and press the 3rd icon on top (looks like ps2 buttons)
this will explode the section, keep double clicking part numbers and selecting 4th icon along, ILL, which will either explode further or list the parts you require.

once you have the part required in the main list, make sure the arrow is pointing at it, and select the 12th icon (looks like an open book) and it will tell you the part number for the part required.

if you need to change sections, you can deselect the previous one with a left then a right click, it should go green.

Other than that, experiment, look around, i was only shown basics and learnt most of it from messing about

Dont worry you wont end up ordering loads of parts from the warehouse :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
please tell me exactly how I should should extract this with winrar. I only end up with an empty folder even tho winrar says there's 600+MB there somewhere. :?

fil_gtir

normally with winrar installed, the icon changes to 3 books piled ontop of each other, double clicking this should open winrar and list the directory inside (NissanFast). at this point just click extract to button and select a save path, the file should then extract if its ok

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
yep, that's what I'm doing, but I only end up with an empty folder, even tho it shows them in winrar :?

fil_gtir

what happens if you try to extract them seperatley by clicking on one of the directories inside (001) and then extract to.

Does anything come out then,

try test the archive, see what it says.

Its very unusual for bittorent to sent dodgy files and other appear to have it working

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
fil_gtir said:
Its not up at the moment because no one was downloading and i cant use my computer much which its sending it.
i've put the torrent file here too (download link to disk) www.gtiroz.net/Nissan+EPC.torrent
and i've left bittorrent open on a computer at work (has up'ed 349mb so far lol)

fil_gtir said:
has anyone got it working, i could be sending a duff file. (shalom)
workin fine for me!
(i'm on mac (using win2k on virtualpc to run it) so my description for burning was based on that - sorry for the use-the-folder-description confusion)

Eric Yellow said:
I get the error: FAST CD NOT FOUND, CLICK TO EXIT. So something must be wrong I guess..?
the cd needs to be in the computer - the setup just installs the interface - you still need the cd in the drive for the database

fil_gtir said:
i also have about 150megs of video footage of all the races of the 1993 European Rallycross championship at which 2 gtirs race in. Was thinking of bittorent for this aswell.
legend!
yes, yes, yes!
(please)

[edited to fix link]

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If I test it, I get 3157 errors :? "unknown method used in NissanFast\everyfile :(

Shalom your link isn't working :cry: