no gears

hks-r

I just started the car to go to the shops to buy some milk and got around the corner. D the car started making a weird noise

Now i cant select any gear
The gearstick seems to have gone free

What could this be?

Everything was fine yesterday
Clutch new ish

Snapped selector fork?

When i put it in gear it just revs????

hks-r

Just had a look under the car and the shaft that goes into the gearbox has a torn rubber gaitor and there is some oil around there

Gear stick moves freely without pressing clutch when engine is on

Not sure if the extreme cold weather has caused something to burst?

I'm confused

If it is the bolt....is that a big job

vpulsar

If it is the bolt....is that a big job
No not really mate but you need to get it up n the air properly on stands or ramps so you can have a good look around safely, Just get it up and get under there with a torch and look at the linkage it is very simple to work on and you'll soon spot any missing bolts.

Rob

hks-r

the gaitor is torn and thats the only thing i can seem to find that doesn't look right
the car was fine i literally drove around the block 10mph heard a loud sound -pulled over and no gear- clutch is new and the box was recent too

the car had been sat in freezing cold outside for 2 days so i dont know if the cold has caused the problem

hks-r

did you break the rod or gearbox?

there is no feeling in the gears
stick moves freely when engine is one

STU666V

I broke the rod inside the box.
But there was absolutely no feeling in the gears. I thought I broke my linkage.

I had to remove my box and strip it down to remove the dowel pin that holds on the stricker rod.

STU666V

Its maybe not that? But if its not the linkage you will need to remove your gearbox cover and see whats up or remove the box?

STU666V

The gaitor wont have anything to do with it. I never had one for years until I had my box off and put a new one on.
That will just save all the crap getting on the shaft and damaging the seal.