oil pump ??

GINGA

jiw said:
Mr GTiR said:
that's the cost of the whole oil pump assembly. just to buy new gears is approx £75 :D
Thats ok for some, i just ordered the full new pump not knowing, the way i see it is the gears are hardened steel, the housing is aluminium, if the hardened steel gears are worn then the alloy casing has gotta be worn, well thats how i make the dent in my bank balance feel better :lol: , jeff
Also alot of the problems with oil pressure aren't actually due to the rotors wearing more the fact the regulator valve sticks where the oil pump casing is worn.

ex-gtir

GINGA said:
Fast Guy said:
Ginga, which is the bit when removing the sump you mentioned about not forgetting to do or it turns into an engine out job when you break the forgotton something :?
Its the 2 10mm nuts hidden behind the little plate at the gearbox end of the sump, if you don't know there there and procede to pull the sump off using the draw bolt holes it leaves part of the sump still attached to the engine and also breaks the rear oil seal retainer which is a engine out job to change.
Cleaning all the old sealant of is a right kunt to :evil:
been there and seen that :roll: