One for the turbo techies!

Dooie Pop Pop

ideal size as far as im concerned is 2.75 in and 3" out to allow for heat expansion :wink: 8) other than that its 3+inch in and 4" out but im not sure if thats possible :?

GTiR_Mic

boucherie said:
Found this turbo on ebay, the one im after ideally is either the GT28RS or the GT2871R which are rated at 350 & 400bhp respectively. Given the dimensions of the parts of the turbo below, is anyone able to give an approximation of the power output of this unit, as it doesnt give anymore detail other than say its a gt28 :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GT28-Ball-Bea...000980780QQcategoryZ72205QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I just bought that Turbo mate, it is rated to 400bhp.

If you look at my R pics you will see the turbo there.

Mic

boucherie

just seeing what the latest development is with the fitting of this turbo and all other goodies. Ive sent the bloke an email to see if he's going to be selling anymore soon, and then depending on how previous owners have got on will help me sort out if this is the turbo for me :!: :roll:

boucherie

just seeing what the latest development is with the fitting of this turbo and all other goodies. Ive sent the bloke an email to see if he's going to be selling anymore soon, and then depending on how previous owners have got on will help me sort out if this is the turbo for me :!: :roll:

GTiR_Mic

Alright there mate, regarding the turbo on Ebay. I bought a 200sx s/s tubualr manifold to help with the fitting. Getting the flange cut off the then re-angled away from the block and then braded custom oil and water hoses to fit.

Then by the looks of it I may need to get a custom down pipe to make the exhaust fit.

Mic