performance

A

andy n

cheers mate. how much of a wallet-raper is the lambda sensor then?

Shaun

:D Hi mate,£110 from Nissan :shock: Did try Halfrauds for a cross referenced one but no joy so tried for a universal one no joy either,they only had them listed for the 1.4/1.6 Sunny which were £86+VAT anyway so looks like Nissan mate :wink:

A

andy n

right then, i'll do the checks tomorrow. where is the sensor located?

A

andy n

in that case, the heat shield fell off my turbo a while back and was hung off the wires for the sensor, i wonder if thats caused it. can you test the sensor using a multimeter or owt like that. also i just tried to do a fault code check and it didnt work at all. does haveing an safc slpiced into your loom stop stuff like that working?

C

Crazy

I have the E-Manage spliced into my loom and I done the fault code check and it was fine............code 55 :wink:

A

andy n

bunch of arse. i'll go try it again maybe it was a faulty paper clip :D

Shaun

:D Hi mate,as Crazy say's,having a fuel computer shouldnt affect your ECU fault code check.I have an Apexi SAFC2 on mine and my codes work fine and so does the lambda check code.Yes mate,you can check it using a multimeter.Do a search,someone recently put a similar post up in the Maintainance section about the air fuel ratio gauges,iirc it was covered in that topic :wink:

youngsyp

I was having a little play with a JDM Civic Type R with supercharger last night. This one puts out just over 280 bhp, and bare in mind it is FWD so, the power losses are only around 18% ! I was pulling very slightly from him up to around 120 bananas and mine is running under 1 bar with tmic, 3" elbow to 2 1/2" system and Apexi filter. There is defo something up with your car. I can leave lightly modded CTR's very easily !

Cheers

Paul

A

andy n

update: i tried to do the fault codes last night to check everything was fine and theres no lights coming on whatsoever its totally dead. the car seems to be over fuelling as well. stinks of petrol and takes a few turns to start. it runs and idles fine but is dog slow.
anyone????

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Lambda sensor, MAF or coolant sensor are the things that spring to mind. Or some sort of problem with the injectors.

A

andy n

anything i can do to any of those that doesnt require buying a new one!! clean out etc

Shaun

:D Hi guy's,just an update.Fitted my mates Lambda sensor last night and its cured his problems.His performance was on and off,sometimes it would run fine and other times it would feel flat but boost was ok and ECU check came up clear.The new Lambda has cured this 8) Also his tickover would go upto 12/1300 revs when the engine was warm,it has also cured this too 8) It now ticks over at 950revs 8) So if your suffering from intermittent performance loss or your tick over is high then i would check the performance of your Lambda sensor as it seems that this is sometimes overlooked and is taken for granted that it is working properly :wink:

C

Crazy

Also his tickover would go upto 12/1300 revs when the engine was warm
Sounds like mine mate :roll:

Will you check mine over please when I come over mate :)

A

andy n

regrounded the maf and it seems to run better, still seems slow though. my afr meter is less erratic now. but it seems to occasionally lean out a bit and lose power not when youre booting it but just motorway cruising. whereabouts is the led on the ecu?
thanks for all the help on this folks.