piccys of.........

JIMMYBACK

no not yet thats why i want a piccy of the air flow meter so i can see how it should look before i get my greasy mitts on mine :D

Dooie Pop Pop

jimmy leave the maf sensor alone mate, chances are your problem is related to something you' ve done. take the filter off again and check you aint disturbed any of the vacuum hoses or wires first :wink:

antgtir

Jimmy what problem are you getting, crap idle?

I put a filter on mine a while back, M's K+N, and it idled ok but when you put your foot on the throttle it spluttered like buggery. Never found out what it could be but as soon as i took it off and replaced the original filter it ran great again :? So if its somethin like this youve got then i would replace the original filter setup and see what the effects of that are, you can narrow your search down considerably id say.

Ant.

JIMMYBACK

antgtir said:

I put a filter on mine a while back, M's K+N, and it idled ok but when you put your foot on the throttle it spluttered like buggery. Never found out what it could be but as soon as i took it off and replaced the original filter it ran great again :? So if its somethin like this youve got then i would replace the original filter setup and see what the effects of that are, you can narrow your search down considerably id say.

Ant.
the filter im using is a biltz :D i was using a piper cross before.but i gave that to my mate :shock: so wot to do now :?:

Keira

ask some one nicely ( read as beg ) who's got an old pipercross filter lying around to let you try that :wink:

MarkTurbo

What do you need a pic of the inside of it for, theres nothing inside it to look at :wink:

As long as it isnt full of crap it should be ok.

antgtir

JIMMYBACK B said:
antgtir said:

Ant.
the filter im using is a biltz :D i was using a piper cross before.but i gave that to my mate :shock: so wot to do now :?:
So i take it the Pipercross filter was working fine?

If so then have you done any other jobs or changed anything since that time? Thats the first thing i would do, go back over what youve done before it went bad and tick off each job as you prove its ok.

Id look at the Air / Fuel mixture too, maybe take it to a garage that has an emissions tester and see what emissions your getting, you can normally tell if its running to lean etc then that may point you in a better direction.

It could always be a sensor to, the list is enormous mate, start at the small things and wrk your way through to the expensive big jobs that way it saves you time and money.

Ant. :wink:

J

jiw

Heres the inside :lol:

And heres the outside if you have forgotten :lol:

jeff :wink:

C

Crazy

Nice set up there jiw :wink:

Where did you get that air filter enclosure :?:
(Any for sale?)

J

jiw

Thank's try pm'ing DAN_GTIR as i think he still has the template for it, not sure if he has any S/S left though, jeff :wink:

JIMMYBACK

MarkTurbo said:
What do you need a pic of the inside of it for, theres nothing inside it to look at :wink:

As long as it isnt full of crap it should be ok.
i just wanted to know if i have knocked something inside the afm n maybe thats causing the idle problem :shock: so if i have a reference to wot it should look like i can tell if i have fucked it :D

B

Brett G

The picture shown before doesn't show the actual meter, there is a seperate little hole inside with some delicate elements in there. They possibly may need cleaning or could be damaged :? I just used a good solvent cleaner/degreaser but didn't spray it directly from the can as this may be too powerful, i put some in a water spray pump thingy!... It did improve things however i didn't have a rough idle :roll: Good luck, be careful the elements are tiny :wink:

Brett

J

jiw

Try isopropyl alcohol from www.maplin.co.uk , cut the bottom of a 5 litre antifreeze bottle up to sit the maf in and let it bathe in their for a couple of days, thats what i did anyway, jeff

JIMMYBACK

jiw said:
Try isopropyl alcohol from www.maplin.co.uk , cut the bottom of a 5 litre antifreeze bottle up to sit the maf in and let it bathe in their for a couple of days, thats what i did anyway, jeff
cheers bud i will try that............god damn i love maplins they have saved me a packet :D