Power FC Tuner

j10gtr

I installed mine and he mapped it
Get it checked quick then or you could not be learning from others mistakes and unfortunatley the learning curve is very expensive. :shock:

Thanks
Paul

Boooooost

From what I understand thats right bang in the boost and sod the map it will be alright im sure
He also recomended extra work I should do before running full boost :!:
Have you actually been and had work done on your car? Is this personal experience or just something you heard?

j10gtr

Personal experince in the fact that I bought a car that had been worked on there and that i have seen with my own eyes a so called map for a car running 1.6 bar. :shock:

With the datalogit software you can compare maps. So when you see a base map thats as near as dam it the same as the map on a car running 1.6 bar you cant help but be worried for the owner. :oops:

Im sure this exchange of information will soon come to an end as a result of some tell tales so perhaps on off forum discussion would be better suited to this debate.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
chrisniss91 said:
pm me for any info on this as well
Chris, I was going to use your episode as an example but I will let those concerned PM you to discover the facts about this tuners hidden talent.

boucherie

theres a place in witham, essex that tunes the power fc, cant remember what they are called though. My mates gt4 will be going there soon and if i get my power fc in time so will mine :wink:

MarkTurbo

the chief said:
why do you need a rolling road?
Thats what i was thinking :? If i ever had to use a tuner (not that i ever would :wink: :lol: ) i'd find one that would map the car on the road :wink: As far as i'm concerned you cant replicate real world driving properly on a rolling road :!:

Pete Watson

Yeah Mark you are right, i totally agree with that, however i have had mine mapped on the road, the only thing is the Tuner was unable to pin point the misfire under load, i am not sure exactly how much data they have access to when mapping a car in this way. I thought that maybe on a RR you may get more data in turn giving you a better chance of sorting the problem.

Rgs Pete