power from the standard engine

ashills

right lets get some facts on the site in one place who has done what power on a standard engine i know V is doing pretty well on his but who else has done what
i mean with a standard bottom end but with stuff like head gasket and cam changes etc

gtir bean

awd was over 400bhp and 450lbf torque i think.im sure it spat a rod not long ago with the nos thou.it was a standard bottom end and gearbox.

SickBoy

Daz runs 379 bhp at 1.3 bar on standard internals and has done for over a year with no probs !!!!!

Lee

LOU ROB

ashills said:
was it standard weight lou ??
Yes mate, the only thing I took out was the spare wheel.

My spec then was...

Standard engine, tubular manifold with externall wastegate, and a gt25/40 tubby @ 1.6 bar, a goose, a front mount and apexi avcr+safc. That was basically it.

O

Odin

Mine was runing 386bhp at 1.3 bar on a totally standard bottom end only mods being bigger turbo and injectors plus hybrid front mount and mocal 19 row oil cooler.

I'm now runing 1.5 bar but have'nt had it on the roller with this set up yet, I'm haveing problems with the motc boost controller finding it hard to hold the correct boost level :cry: .

rob

gtir303

deisel weasel said:
it will definately run 1 bar without worry, before you ask :wink: :lol: :lol:
MY MATES MATE JUMARLE RUN 3 BAR ON A TOTALLY STANDARD CAR JUST USING A BLEED VALVE :lol:

D

DOT2DOT

gtir303 said:
deisel weasel said:
it will definately run 1 bar without worry, before you ask :wink: :lol: :lol:
MY MATES MATE JUMARLE RUN 3 BAR ON A TOTALLY STANDARD CAR JUST USING A BLEED VALVE :lol:
Clean up in isle 3!! :lol:

JIMMYBACK

deisel weasel said:
ashills said:
i nearly put no 1 bar comments just for ur sake should of kept this in members section LOL
your wasting your time asking anyways al :wink:
its a bout time you got back you you lime green nova isnt it :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C

Crazy

I was running 294@hubs for the last year or so with a Front Mount Intercooler - oil cooler - Water injection - MD214 Turbo 8)

Keyword = WAS :lol: :cry:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
vpulsar said:
Mine was runing 386bhp at 1.3 bar on a totally standard bottom end only mods being bigger turbo and injectors plus hybrid front mount and mocal 19 row oil cooler.

I'm now runing 1.5 bar but have'nt had it on the roller with this set up yet, I'm haveing problems with the motc boost controller finding it hard to hold the correct boost level :cry: .

rob

Giving you that cammel effect eh Rob... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rishi

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I ran 246bhp on the standard engine for ages and it didn't blow up. :lol:
I ran 1bar for a couple of weeks and burnt the standard clutch out, so 1bar isn't safe after all :lol:
I'm planning on a few more geegees next year on a standard engine, if 1bar doesn't kill it before :shock:

P

pyrotecnic

I am running 1.1 bar on a standard engine and all fine apart from the frigin clutch which slips on high boost. No probs so far. I hope.