power from the standard engine

ashills

right shall we ban the 1 bar replies from this thread we all know that teh engine will take that for ever and a day im not being horrible to anyone but want to know teh highest numbers people have done u here of teh yanks doing around the 500 mark on the standard engine and wanted to compare what we've done this side of teh pond
please dont think im being an a r s e hole but we all know forever and a day the R engine will take 300bhp(1-1.2 bar forever)

nismoboy

Crazy said:
I was running 294@hubs for the last year or so with a Front Mount Intercooler - oil cooler - Water injection - MD214 Turbo 8)

Keyword = WAS :lol: :cry:
what happened to it then?

MarkTurbo

ashills said:
im not being horrible to anyone but want to know teh highest numbers people have done u here of teh yanks doing around the 500 mark on the standard engine and wanted to compare what we've done this side of teh pond
I doubt you'll get much response cos most people this side of the pond seem to think you need forged pistons when you stick on an air filter and exhaust :lol: :lol: :lol:

paz

MarkTurbo said:
ashills said:
im not being horrible to anyone but want to know teh highest numbers people have done u here of teh yanks doing around the 500 mark on the standard engine and wanted to compare what we've done this side of teh pond
I doubt you'll get much response cos most people this side of the pond seem to think you need forged pistons when you stick on an air filter and exhaust :lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock: You mean you don't? :lol:

Paz

O

Odin

MarkTurbo said:
In the new year I'm makeing a few changes to the way my turbo and intercooler pipe work are fitted as well as a new 3" inlet pipe and big K&N filter, This should help my turbo spool up a bit quicker and maybe give me a little more power as well. I only have a 63mm inlet at the moment and a scanky pipercross filter :shock: :oops: .

I have found that the wallace rollers read 20bhp less than the destak (sp) one's that I made 356bhp at 1.1bar, so that would mean that I would of made 406bhp on there rollers instead of the 386bhp at wallaces rollers when I last had it mapped to 1.3bar, I'v know idea which rollers are right though "who knows" :? .

Now I'm runing 1.5bar I'v no idea how much power that has given me if any?, I'm thinking of maybe fitting cams in the new year to see if I can maybe squeeze even more out of it, I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to try even more boost :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

Keira

ashills said:
right shall we ban the 1 bar replies from this thread we all know that teh engine will take that for ever and a day im not being horrible to anyone but want to know teh highest numbers people have done u here of teh yanks doing around the 500 mark on the standard engine and wanted to compare what we've done this side of teh pond
please dont think im being an favourite hole but we all know forever and a day the R engine will take 300bhp(1-1.2 bar forever)
i did tell you not to bother :lol: :lol:

ashills

vpulsar said:
MarkTurbo said:
In the new year I'm makeing a few changes to the way my turbo and intercooler pipe work are fitted as well as a new 3" inlet pipe and big K&N filter, This should help my turbo spool up a bit quicker and maybe give me a little more power as well. I only have a 63mm inlet at the moment and a scanky pipercross filter :shock: :oops: .

I have found that the wallace rollers read 20bhp less than the destak (sp) one's that I made 356bhp at 1.1bar, so that would mean that I would of made 406bhp on there rollers instead of the 386bhp at wallaces rollers when I last had it mapped to 1.3bar, I'v know idea which rollers are right though "who knows" :? .

Now I'm runing 1.5bar I'v no idea how much power that has given me if any?, I'm thinking of maybe fitting cams in the new year to see if I can maybe squeeze even more out of it, I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to try even more boost :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob
rob i found out ur turbo is actually a 3076 so good job u didnt down grade and it was built by ATP for jgy
the cams idea is a good one thats what mine will be getting when i finally get her and some big injectors race u to 500 LOL

O

Odin

ashills said:
rob i found out ur turbo is actually a 3076 so good job u didnt down grade and it was built by ATP for jgy

Thats very interesting fella, Thanks alot mate 8) :wink: .

ashills said:
the cams idea is a good one thats what mine will be getting when i finally get her and some big injectors race u to 500 LOL
Do you think we are brave enough to try for 500bhp out of a standard motor :wink: :lol: , "I think we are" 8) :twisted: .

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

vpulsar said:
ashills said:

Thats very interesting fella, Thanks alot mate 8) :wink: .

ashills said:
Do you think we are brave enough to try for 500bhp out of a standard motor :wink: :lol: , "I think we are" 8) :twisted: .

rob
fucking get on with it yet :roll: these fair weather drivers :roll:

O

Odin

Dooie Pop Pop said:
sodding get on with it yet :roll: these fair weather drivers :roll:
I'm not letting any salt near my motor matey :oops: , I did'nt spend over a year on my back scrapping and painting to let it get mucky :oops: .

Plus I'm in the planning stage at the moment, I need to change a few things to get the best out of it, And the biggest problem is not have enough money at the moment :oops: , But we are planning on moveing back down south in the next 6 months :shock: , "I hope your ready for me" :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

O

Odin

Fast Guy said:
Are we allowed to use an uprated headgasket on that standard motor?
Real men use a standard head gasket :roll: you wimp :wink: .

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

vpulsar said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:
sodding get on with it yet :roll: these fair weather drivers :roll:
I'm not letting any salt near my motor matey :oops: , I did'nt spend over a year on my back scrapping and painting to let it get mucky :oops: .

Plus I'm in the planning stage at the moment, I need to change a few things to get the best out of it, And the biggest problem is not have enough money at the moment :oops: , But we are planning on moveing back down south in the next 6 months :shock: , "I hope your ready for me" :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob
great news! 8) thats one half decent car back where it belongs :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
vpulsar said:
Fast Guy said:
Are we allowed to use an uprated headgasket on that standard motor?
Real men use a standard head gasket :roll: you wimp :wink: .

rob
I'm still a real man for now :lol:

I'm just gonna sit back and learn from the master on this one :wink: lol

O

Odin

Dooie Pop Pop said:
great news! 8) thats one half decent car back where it belongs :wink:
I knew you missed me :oops: :lol: .

And what do you mean half decent :shock: :evil: cheeky git :lol: .

rob