Pulsar 1 M3 0

M

macphegf

stugtir said:
The R does have its advantage in that you can use the 4wd drive to slingshot it out of the bends but the new M3's stick to the road like s h i t to a blanket.
I can safely say this is not entierly true with the CSL depending on road conditions. One of the valeters at my old work managed to hit 3 cars and right it off just pulling out of the garage :oops: :lol: .

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
macphegf said:
I can safely say this is not entierly true with the CSL depending on road conditions. One of the valeters at my old work managed to hit 3 cars and right it off just pulling out of the garage :oops: :lol: .
Semi slick race tyres, no grip in the wet and cold. :lol: :lol: :lol:

youngsyp

The E36 actually has a slightly better bhp/ton ratio than the E46, only slightly though. I think the E36 is about 1bhp/ton more powerful :?

I had a little play with an E46 M3 cab and I pulled away quite easily, once in 3rd, in my 'nearly' 1 bar car :wink: The cabs are about 160 kgs heavier than the coops though !

I think you should be able to pull only if slightly, on any model M3, bar the CSL, in a 1 bar Pulsar :D

Cris

Why the whole thing about CSLs. They have a touch more power than stock and a little less weight. The only special bit about them is the tyres. I doubt that they be much cop in this weather.

An M5 would destroy an M3 CSL in a straight line. Especially if the pilot had it in "launch control" mode. The listed 0-62 time is about 0.5 second quicker so...

M

macphegf

Having driven both 8) I can safely say I'd have a CSL over a standard M3 any day of the week. Although the list price was around £17K more than the standard M3, no one would buy them as all the pussy M3 drivers out there can't live without leather :lol: . We had one second hand under £40k which was only a couple of K more than a standard one of similar age. The CSL sounds much better than the standard and just feels alot quicker. The sound when you use the SMG box to drop down a gear when slowing is awsome also the seats are fantasitc. But if I had one, I'd sell it to upgrade the R :lol: .