question about the Pulsar taillights

Stephan

Hi there,
could it be possible that there is a difference between the taillights of the European Nissan Sunny GTI-R and the Japan Pulsar GTI-R? I find some pics in the internet and saw a video of the Pulsar GTI-R from japan were the taillights looks different to the European ones when the drivers used the brake. The lights looked bigger than the European ones. Could it be possible that the Pulsar taillights are built an other kind of way? I hope you understand what I mean :roll:

cheers Stephan

Keira

they use the inside bulbs aswell, where as the uk cars, and the rest of europe (i guess) use them as fogs,

some of the cleverer chaps wire the inside bulbs as a fog light on imported pulsars instead of sticking an ugly @rse extra light on to the bumper.

i think thats what you're seeing anyway :?

pulsar_stu

Hi mate,

From what i have read over the last month, The uk sunny has different rear lights to the jap spec pulsar!!

My mate john has two different rear lights on his "R" :? We think he has 1 pulsar light and 1 sunny :lol:

Stu :wink:

O

Odin

The only difference is that the UK sunny's have the fog light built in to the rear cluster, And the jap pulsar has two brake lights instead, As the four eyed looser :shock: has already said :lol: :lol: '

I'd rather keep the four brake lights myself and have a new fog light built into the rear bumper :D .

rob

Stephan

Hi ,
very interesting :roll: ..........could maybe somebody make a pic of the Pulsar taillights version? Would be helpful for me because pics show it better than only a describtion :lol: . Whats about the cabels to the tailights.....are there differences (other plugs or more.............?

cheers Stephan

Keira

vpulsar said:
I'd rather keep the four brake lights myself and have a new fog light built into the rear bumper :D .
thats because you definately do not fall into the previously mentioned category

hmmm

Stephan said:
Hi ,
very interesting :roll: ..........could maybe somebody make a pic of the Pulsar taillights version? Would be helpful for me because pics show it better than only a describtion :lol: . Whats about the cabels to the tailights.....are there differences (other plugs or more.............?

cheers Stephan
Look in the 'Members R's' Section. Plenty pictures of tail lights there mate :wink: .

O

Olly

Both my black and grey R's have the rear fog on the inner lights, but i put a pair of mint Uk poo spec sunny lights on the black so it looked nicer, and the black one at night lights up totally different, on the bottom line the pulsar has space for only 2 red lights, the uk sunny has 2lights and one reflector in the middle, hence a different look. Hanging fogs look poo on R's 8)

G

GTiR Jon

Aye, Jap and UK lights are totally different as the UK has 3 sections along the bottom (with the middle being a reflector) and you cant take the divides out, wheras the jap has one beam which looks better.
Odd rear lights or UK ones on an import are a good sign its been rear ended! As i found out on my previous pulsar! :roll:

Oh yeah and hanging fogs do look poo 'V' so leave my GTR badge alone :wink:

J

jpward

Heres one i prepared earlier :lol:

Pulsar light;

Sunny light;

I now have both sunny lights as reflector looks naff and i wired them so that both side are tail light with outsids as brake and inside 2 as fogs.

J

jpward

Well i am going on the fact that the bottom one was the one i changed as the other one had been changed b4 and as my cars a pulsar hence my decision i did have a bit of trouble geting one without that crappy reflector looked like i had a bulb out at night because of the otherside having two bigger areas

........Still looks better than a cheap n nasty fog :wink:

ram5ay

Yeh the jdm one deff looks better, was considering sourcing some for my sunny or modding mine at some stage.

J

jpward

Should be plenty of guys spliting now easier to get

Bit of advice there is black sealant between the body and light unit and boy oh boy is it sticky stuff!!! It requires patients and strong finger nails :lol: and remember to reseal properly again as you dont want a boot full of water :wink:

Stephan

Looks absolutly fantastic the two pics..............I want a pair of Pulsar taillights...........has somebody a pair for sale :lol: (so ya can pm me)?

By the way: Is it necessary to have the rear fog in Britain? There is one more thing I don´t understand: in the videos about the Pulsar I have seen (from Japan) the Pulsars doesn´t have this reflectors in the taillights.

cheers Stephan