running problem please help (update fixed)

A

antilag

yeh cheers chris lol

thats wat i like about u chris F*ck all lol

only kidding i dont have the power fc in there now and it still does it i think its electrical it has to beeeeeeeee :cry:

A

antilag

sorry zia i missed ya post

yeh i cleaned all pipes the screws ent been touched the big idle screw at the side does not really effect the revs :?

i say electrical because the rev counter does not move with the revs its lazy? any ideas

Websnowbo

Deffinatly an air leak i reckon mate.

Hope it aint ya got a good seal around the enlarged chokes............

Get a can of WD40 and spray it around the inlet joints and if the revs go up where your spraying then it is sucking in air. It will go kinda dry on the joint too if it suck's the WD through.

Oh and once again, hope ya got a good seal around the enlarged chokes............

A

antilag

well tried the wd40 thing cnt find no leaks.ive decided to fuck the car back in the garage and giv up for a while i really cnt b fucked to sort it cheers for ya help anyway guys :D

sypher

before you give up for a while could you just try this disconnect the battery for a couple of min's and then reconnect it ( obviously with ign' keys in hand ) encase you had to jump start it

zia

dave don,t give up you,ll find it eventually! :lol: the rpm or tach signal normally comes from c.a.s since you ,ve got the standard setup it might be worth while to do code check.
car normally hunt due 1..lack of air to cyl causing lean mixture 2.. fuel..
with gtir it like tuning twin forty carb the throttle all have to be balanced i.e same position on mine and closed throttle all should be shut. the bypass screws allow you to bleed air between valve and throttle plates screwing out will let more air bypass the throttle which raises rpm.

zia

A

antilag

sypher said:
before you give up for a while could you just try this disconnect the battery for a couple of min's and then reconnect it ( obviously with ign' keys in hand ) encase you had to jump start it
not quite sure wat your getting at mate but ive changed from power fc back to standard ecu

zia im worn out with the car it also has other things i have to do aswell which is also a factor i wish i cud wake up in the morning and its done :cry:

A

antilag

lol yes ill agree your a mong lol na id rather have suggestions then no input atall :wink:

A

antilag

well im slowly gettin it fixed now but need to no y the rev counter is lazy it worked fine b4? and wen u turn the engine off the rev counter takes ages to drop like a fuel gauge? i think this cud b related to my running problems wirering ect???????? any ideas

A

antilag

well spent the hole weekend playing taking the throttles off ect and spent ages balencing them all up again and now it idles at 1000rpm and doent hunt it even drives well good and feels very quick off boost compared to b4 the rebuild :D :D :D :D :D :D :D still have the lazy rev counter tho grrrrr

E

Edd

nice one, shame we couldnt have sorted it saturday and gone for a drive 8)

now get my turbo kit done :wink: