should i buy an R ?

P

pulsarboby

heres a prime example of why you should not pay a load of money for one, and theres many more cases like this, all you can do is reduce the possibilities of buying a dog by knowing the guy thats selling it, or the car being a known well sorted car, but at the end of the day theres still an element of risk involved with buying any performance car.

http://www.nissangtir.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24952

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid £2300 for my Rb, and its been mint so far really, valve stems are buggered but thats all.....well, so far anyway :lol:

If i was the lad in that thread who had paid £4300 for his and that happened i'd be well pissed off.

davey red.r

jap_dan said:
yeah thats what im gonna do mate, if/when i have one i want it as standard and clean as possible8)
if thats what you want dan go for it,
you will be paying 3/4k for a very good clean standard r,
then that again, to get some good mods, ie forged pistons, bigger turbo, maf, inectors,
suspension, brake upgrade,fully polybushed,etc etc,
tbh this is my 3rd pulsar both previous were left standard:cry: bar filter exhaust,
my current r ive spent in the excess of 6k,to reach my goal of 400bhp,
when i could of bought a one for about6/7k already sorted:doh:
but wheres the fun in that;-)

davey

johnsy

i'd go the standard engine route,with minimal good mods and no more than a bar boost (280-300bhp) ,
handling mod's and bigger breaks a- must, you could always put it on a diet and source some light wheels for better response