slow off the mark

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It shouldn't be a problem, but it'll be slow off the mark :p

No racing saxos until it's cured :wink:

hmmm

A faulty DET sensor will make the ECU retard the timing back 10 degrees. Thats why it is running slow. Get that fixed and it should be fast again :) Apparently it is a tedious job and takes around 2-3 hours :(

Let me know how you get along as I need to get mine put on aswell. Got the new sensor sitting in the cupboard doing nothing. Will cost you £186 from Nissan for the sensor alone

J

jiw

when i replaced mine nissan quoted 6 weeks for arrival, not good :oops:

however mjp auto got me one for next day and it was cheaper too, make sure you check for loose wires 1st, i never and found the wire had rotted and snapped :shock: replaced the sensor anyway whilst i was their, jeff

pete-r

well ive hopefully got a sensor to go on the car ,courtesy of purplemonster :wink: ,and i spoke to nissan (as a certain garage in colchester cant be ars :?: d to return my calls :evil: )and they have confirmed its a 2 and a half to 3 hr job .theve quoted £213 for labour and they will fit a second hand one,but ill need to sign a waiver :?

pete-r

i know ,im going round steves just now to see if the wire has maybe rotted away or is loose. :?

pete-r

looks like the wire is fine but it now looks like my down pipe is nearly rotten through! :cry: wish i hadnt looked under the car now :? hope my new credit card gets here soon :lol: :lol: