stroker kit!!!!

O

Odin

You know me I don't take anything seriously mate just water off a fat duck's back to me :lol: :wink: .

I do agree with you on the big power monster's being built at the moment
as I was going to go down this road myself but I had a bit of a re-think as
the thing I like about the R is how fast it can be on the b roads and just out driveing on a day to day basis.

And no matter how much you spend there will still be something out there faster than you, So i'm heading for the handleing route now, I have every mod you can get to make it handle better apart from the nismo diff's.

rob

R

robinsongtir

I have thought about the torque situation as well the setup I am going to use has been done on other marques with same displacements running the same boost that I will be they make peak torque at 4800rpm of 530l/bft torque and the curve tails of to to 400l/bft torque at 5500rpm so there will be a lot of driveabillity there it will be built not just as a HP bragging numbers.I have done lots of research into what I parts I would need its taken me a long time to get everything together but I am nearly there just a couple of bits and bobs.Hope I haven't forgot anything major lol

O

Odin

:shock: 530lb's no that's impressive peter I'd like a drive of that car :twisted: .

I have found it really difficult to make my mind up on the research side
of thing's as who do you believe, I don't trust tuner's as far as I could
chuck them :evil: they all have there own agender :evil: .

So I'd be very interested in your thought's on this peter and any info you used to help you make up your own mind as what was best for you mate.

rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Edd said:
well i may be taking mine off the road and going for a HKS GT3240 so you had better watch out as i'm aiming for over 700 on a freshly built :wink: new engine :twisted: :evil: :shock: :lol: :eek:

also i will be using a different gearbox as i have some issues with mine :roll:

So are you even going to be using that 2.2l you've got just now...??? :?

Which box are you looking at...???

Seems a bit of a waste of what you've already got...

Does anyone have Ivan's current spec...???

R

robinsongtir

Rob
I made the decisions with regards to the internals I was originally going to go with a 2litre engine I had already bought the PAR rods because of my plans at the time were to go for a HKS 3037 turbo but decided against that because of the cost of them and the wastegate costs for a jap make external wastegate the prices were ridiculous and I didn't know much about the TIAL and the US wastegates at the time.So in the end decided to have a rethink sold the PAR rods and thought if I would to work out how much the rods pistons and if there were any damage to the crank I could of paid a bit more for a solid bullet proof bottom end that could rev to 8500rpm no probs this was at the time when RC Devs were having there Demo car stroker ready for fitting and they mentioned they were sorting out a 2.3 kit to a v simalar spec to the EVO one.
With regards to the turbo choice I looked through lots of choices wanted a turbo that could produce 600bhp with as little lag as poss easier said than done another reason for the stroker kit :wink: so the search began through google mainly checking out different sites with similar sized engines to ours e.g scoobies,cossie,EVOs looking at Rolling road printouts with graphs boost settings etc and I made my choice after a couple of months of looking.Then there was the choice of eternal astegate to look at was quite limited at first because there was no way I was paying £500+ for a Greddyor HKS one.So this limited me to a TIAL,Turbosmart or a TurboXS one,after reading some articles about porsche 911 race cars using the TIAL wastegates on a lot of different teams this got me set on the TIAL and looking through the online shops from the US the prices were close to half of the Jap ones.After having a discussion with one of the big helps sourcing and deciding on parts Nikko and I looked at what size would be the best after also looking through various forums at similar setups.
Then I can go on and on about cams,intercoolers,throttlebodies etc.In the main I wouldn't bother asking a tuner about what parts to use because they will always say use the ones they do for example a certain well known tuner would use one company for most parts because they get them cheaper and make the extra profit on top as well as selling you the part doesn't mean to say the part you are buying is the best for that application.If a tuner is gonna build the engineI would consult them about headgasket thickness,piston compression and also for mapping I would use the ECU of there choice at the end of the day it is down to the person doing the mapping with the ECU they are familiar with you can have the best ECU in the world but if the mapper can't use it what is the point.

If there is anyone still reading this well done waffling over my fingers are aching hope this helps you a bit :D Rob :D [/quote]

skiddusmarkus

Edd said:
well i may be taking mine off the road and going for a HKS GT3240 so you had better watch out as i'm aiming for over 700 on a freshly built :wink: new engine :twisted: :evil: :shock: :lol: :eek:

also i will be using a different gearbox as i have some issues with mine :roll:

Edd,don't be a muppet.This is what you did before and now have a previously fast car running like a nail.Fix what you have and stick with it.

zia

i have agree with you stroker would be the ideal road /rally car providing you used the correct turbo!! been debating this myself it,s just the cost of any stroker are high. compared with eqevilent 2.0 setup. for instance your not going to get the same torque spread and loss of lowwer rev power to achieve higher power gains with big turbo, 2.0.

zia

E

Edd

There's no point me commenting further on this as i will just get grief off people, freedom of speech and all that, you can speak to me privately if you want to know my reasons.

But basically i don't think my car is up to the job of supporting a 3037, but we will see what happens as i don't trust anyone in this game anymore and my car runs like a sack of sh*t right now thanks to certina people

A

AndrewD

ahahaha its soo funny how everybody on this forum just decides to take a spin on my words and run with some bullshit story that im only interested in HIGH HP and NO TORQUE with LIMITED RPM RANGES

go eat a dick ;)

i mean i design and build engines that produce more than 200 kw per litre NATURALLY ASPIRATED! with WIDE TORQUE RANGES

Edited due to content against other forum members. Nad

E

Edd

also i'm not a BHP number chaser i'd like to add i just say im aiming for xxxbhp so people know roughly what kind of power.

I'm more interested in torque than bhp which is why i'm aiming for over 400lbs torque at the wheels not just decent horsepower

Nad

Tone it down or get it shut down.

Those who want strokers have strokers, and those that dont want to dont.

Yes u build race engines but most have to be rebuilt over time, much more than a road engine.

IMO Stroker = Low down power = less revs = reliability

I went for a stroker as I want low down power and not have to rev the bollocks off my engine to make it go anywhere. With what I have it intended for I will never have enough time to reach massive rpm before the next corner comes. I havent got time to wait for the revs to rise, I want quick, low down, punchy power.

Power is nothing if u cant drive. A good driver/slow car will always beat a crap driver/fast car combination.

Nad