sunny and pulsar differences

T

tonner_notts

my mate owns a garage and is willin to sell me his sunny gtir which he brought for himself not long back, its a white one in mint condition i know he looked at a few before buying it,
whats the differences in them both? i pay 1600 quid for my wrx insurance but this will only be 800, is a jap one alot more, are sunnys slower? and what kinda mpg will i be getting, im doing about 250miles to a 60litre tank in my wrx

Jgti-R

i own a sunny gtir and to honest there's really not much different!
the sunny's have.......

no air con

no umbrella :cry:

the uk style rear number plate housing

even more plastic inside! :lol:

blue tinted windows

same performance

cooling fins on rear diff

gearbox cooling undertray scoop thingy :?

cheaper to insure with some companys because it's not imported

cant really coment on mpg cos mine is modded, i'm sure people will add/change to my list! but that's all i can think of right now!

Keira

Dooie Pop Pop said:
tell us about your underpants dyno Kieron :wink:
they have a special waste matter absorbing gusset which is rarely used, you have to have a very fast car for my gusset to be soiled :lol:

infact i dont think its been put into use just yet, was very close when i took si out in my car and had a close call with a tw@t in a fiesta :lol: but no cigar :wink: :lol:

anyway stu, are you forgetting we shouldn't be having a laugh on here as it'll get deleted :roll: :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

deisel weasel said:
anyway stu, are you forgetting we shouldn't be having a laugh on here as it'll get deleted :roll: :wink:
:oops: oh yeah i forgot about our censor who appears to have gone communist :roll: maybe if we dont laugh we could get away with it :idea:

s' ok iv thought of a new game, hide the crappy post! :D i post shit all over the forum and V ha to go round clearing it all up :D :D :D not as much fun as hide the sausage or hide the remote but pretty satisfying anyway :wink:

heard about the fiesta :shock: :lol: Mark made BenD scream (how i' ll leave up to you)

Keira

to true..

yesterdays posts were far better than reading this cr@p thats been asked a thousand times before :shock: :lol:

can you see why i wouldn't accept your generous offer a while ago :wink: :lol:

Jgti-R

all this do a search this is bull#$!% if someone has a question then ask!

it's not exactly welcoming!

oh and where can i get those dyno pants? are they comfy? heard they chafe? :lol:

D

DOT2DOT

Might as well face it! Sunny's are just better than pulsars!! :lol:

pulsar_stu

My pulsar is badged up as a sunny, and it says its a sunny on the logbook!
But the guy i bought it off had pics of the japanese lad that owned it in japan! my insurance is £80 more bcus its classd as a uk sunny gtir :cry:

Is ther anywer on the net that i could enter the chasis number or reg and find out if its a pulsar or sunny :?:

It has air con and climate controll, loads of cloth(not much plastic like uk spec)

pulsar_stu

My bro has a pulsar aswell, mine is just the same as his only i have climate control :? it was imported 1997 so its defo a pulsar but my insurance want proof :cry:

all the writing on it is in japanese ie: seat belt tags, sun visor pannel and under bonnet badges!! it also had the flair and umbrellor.

MarkTurbo

Dooie Pop Pop said:
heard about the fiesta :shock: :lol: Mark made BenD scream (how i' ll leave up to you)
Is that anything to do with me? Half the time i cant remember anything i've done so i get paranoid when i see my name mentioned :lol:

Back to the original question i'm paying £400 to insure my uk R, if it was an import it would have been over £600 :shock:

Keira

Dooie Pop Pop said:
heard about the fiesta :shock: :lol:
country lanes, 80mph, blind bend, tw@t in fiesta pulling out, car on otherside of road leaving small gap does not make for a happy simon in the passenger seat :wink: :lol:

was nearly a gusset moment but we made it through, on to the hump under the bridge and away :twisted: :twisted:

D

DOT2DOT

For me it was pulsar - £2200 Sunny - £1400 . Also saved a packet on fuel since i dont need additives or super. :D

GTI R RA

My Sunny came with:

Alarm system
Pioneer stereo
16" Borbet wheels
Different rear bumper
Sunroof (no aircon)
Fog lights
Anti rust treatment

It is number 534 of 693 LHD Sunny Gti-Rs made, how many there are in white I dont know...

P

papdog

pulsar_stu said:
My pulsar is badged up as a sunny, and it says its a sunny on the logbook!
But the guy i bought it off had pics of the japanese lad that owned it in japan! my insurance is £80 more bcus its classd as a uk sunny gtir :cry:

Is ther anywer on the net that i could enter the chasis number or reg and find out if its a pulsar or sunny :?:

It has air con and climate controll, loads of cloth(not much plastic like uk spec)
Easy way to tell is the chassis number. 17 digits, UK car (Sunny), 13 digits Jap car (Pulsar)

Graham