supercharger.................

JIMMYBACK

does anyone know of a company that does supercharger kit for the pulsar.................the idea being i want to keep the turbo as well :D so no lag..lots of boost equals one happy jimmy :D :D

J

J-GTi-R

You're going to find it very difficult for fit a turbo and a supercharger in an 'R engine bay...

skiddusmarkus

And expensive-2k for supercharger and then at least a grand for new ECU and mapping.Say £500-100 for custom pipework,soon adds up.

MarkTurbo

J-GTi-R said:
You're going to find it very difficult for fit a turbo and a supercharger in an 'R engine bay...
Yeah, the supercharger needs a belt to drive it so will have to go on the alternator end of the engine, and i cant see anywhere where there would be enough room to mount it.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'd say, depending on the size of the charger, it might squeeze in somewhere around where the aircon was (after it's removed) :wink:

geetee

Do it true American V8 stylee and cut a hole in ur bonnet and have it sitting up proud.... the sight of that belt whizzing around on your bonnet will have every rozzer you ever pass pulling you over.... :lol:

Oh.. but it'd be a bit tricky not ot declare it to your insurance co...

Just out of interest... would you put the supercharger b4 or after the tubby?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

A

AJ4

We've had a few threads on this - I think the general opinion is use one or the other but not both. If you use a supercharger before a turbo the supercharger will choke the turbo at high rpm. If you want lots of mid range and no lag, go for the blower, if you want lots of high power at high rpm, go for the tubbie.

geetee

But what if I want both... I want steaming perfomance right though the range. I want gobs of torque between 3.5K to 6K and mahoosive power from 5K to 9K....

Wrong car I guess :(

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

skiddusmarkus

Lancia developed a system where at low revs,the blower would deliver the power then a flap would drop in the exhaust and the turbo would take over.It will cost a bomb to try and replicate this,I really think you'd be better off with either a roller bearing turbo or big tubby and N20.

A

Anonymous

Ross said:
We've had a few threads on this - I think the general opinion is use one or the other but not both. If you use a supercharger before a turbo the supercharger will choke the turbo at high rpm. If you want lots of mid range and no lag, go for the blower, if you want lots of high power at high rpm, go for the tubbie.
you can actually build really good twin charge systems. take a look at the 4age toyota motor. there are many examples of twin charging here.. anything is possible. tho we seem to have a limited space to do so..

i will try search and gather as much info on this as possbile, as i've seen many examples of this here in australia

this is a rather crazy example..

This is a RB26DETTR and is built by NISMO for a good 1500hp

Dooie Pop Pop

:shock: cor so if thats 1500 bhp from 2.6 what' d you get from our' s then :lol: one MAHOOSIVE turbo and an equally large supercharger to get it all moving, is NO2 an option? :twisted: too much maybe. probably need the Biggest intake ever and twin bov' s am i gettin carried away :roll: Are you working alone on this project geetee??

A

Anonymous

the thing is when your going to run a supercharger you can go nuts on the size of turbo that you want. caus lag will not be a problem ever again.

if it could be done.. (i.e. fit in engine bay) you could pump alot of power out of the little sucker. and these 2.7L kits the yanks are working on you could have one rather powerful sr20.

thats if your into all this dyno queen shit.

A

antilag

with the turbo options and the pure hassle of doing this mod rite it just doesnt seem worth it for the same money u cud probably mounts another 1bar engine in the boot if u have the knowledge to do it.u can also sell the gearbox trasfer box ect to help fund it thats wat id rather do anyway twin 500hp engines running t67's with 100 shot of nos (50 each engine) twin 2wd quaife gearboxes and i think your gonna have a relible car that wud probably quarter mile in low 10's late 9's :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

Two reliable 500bhp engines in a pulsar? AND NO2 too :) either idea sounds great to me, but i reckon the word supergharger will get people buzzing.i know the gtir story but i find it frustrating cos the only reason you dont see 9sec GTIR' S is money and r+d.... still everyone else' ll want one then :wink:

wonder what a 2nd generation pulsar would be like...

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Everyone sees NOS and thinks "Fast and Furious" road blur. There's been a lot of R+D in the states fro using it as anti lag like the supercharger idea :lol:

Is possible but you wouldn't bother for all the other comments in the posts/threads

I've seen kits in the states that kick in almost immediately but at only 10%, build up to 100% at the same time as the turbo kicks in and then switches off.

You could realistically fit something like this to a Gti-R

A

antilag

yeh its called a progressive nitrous controller ent it u can map the nitrous to cum in and shut off at rpm ranges :D

JIMMYBACK

ive got a couple of people to chat to about the idea of super charging my shopping trolley i want to do it just because its never been done.......if it means cuttin a hole in the bonnet so be it.and if the air con needs to go ........then good bye it is :D

JIMMYBACK

geetee said:
surely well controlled NOS is a simpler way to run a big tubby and avoid the lag?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)
well at 60 odd pound a time to filla 11lb bottle of nos it would work out very expensive indeed :D :D :shock: