uh oh

antgtir

By this im assuming the prob is sorted lol?

Ant.

P.s. The standard jo public ECU check is a simple paper clip job lol, all you do is link two ports to send the ecu into check mode, do this with the ignition on and it will flash your check engine light a number of times, the number, short and long flashes combined will correspond to specific items on the car i.e. 3 flashes short 4 flashes long = det sensor etc etc. Do a search for more info.

G

GazGti-R

arrh bollox after all that tried it late last night after work and it started again
got it on a machine this morning and theyve told me its the knock sensor

antgtir

That was going to be my suggestion when you said you hadn't checked the ecu, a check of that would have shown it up first time.

I must admit i dont envy you as the job is a pain, not technically just awkward i.e. you can see it, but you just cant get to it.

In the end i took my oil cooler sandwich plate off, the dreaded Y bracket on the back of the block / plenum, and also to free up some space at the side of the plenum, the brake master cylinder to so ended up having to bleed brakes to lol.

If you have the Y bracket on the back of the engine still id suggest you take the master cylinder away, makes it so much easier.

I managed to get my brand new OE Det Sensor for £50 from a guy that sells them as a relocation package for the 300ZX (same unit).

This is a link to the guy i bought mine off, very good - http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/v32det

Good luck.

Ant.

G

GazGti-R

had it up on the ramp and it looks like the plug has come off the sensor ????? ...(how the f###........?) will try plugging this back on and see what it does

antgtir

Like on the MAF there is a small metal wire (U shape) that should clip over the housing of the det sensor, if this has fallen off or never been fitted then it will fall off eventually.

My det sensor had 2 cracks in the plastic sheeth thats fitted around it sensor which im assuming was caused by water ingress then freezing during winter periods. Hopefully yours will work A1 again once re fitted.

If you have to remove all the bits id be tempted to fit a new one anyway lol, one less awkward job to do in the future :lol:

Ant.

G

GazGti-R

ha hah its fixed mate
got the plug back on and changed the main earth lead for the alternator and everything seems fine
thanks for help guys

(in true homer simpson style...) WOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

youngsyp

I like Homer's line in the movie where he hits himself in the eye with the hammer. Bart then starts laughing.
So Homer grabs him round the neck and says "I'll teach you to laugh at something funny."

The writers behind that programme are geniuses. :lol:

antgtir

youngsyp said:
The writers behind that programme are geniuses. :lol:
Got to agree with you there lol.

Glad all is sorted now, out of interest did your plug end still have the little metal clip on?

Ant.

gunmetalgtir

I think it's the only programme that I can watch repeats of and not get bored of it! :-D

Well that and the Fresh Prince of Bel Air!

G

GazGti-R

no clip and plug has been damaged and NO NOT ALL IS SORTED :-( just got in the flipping thing to go and get me dinner and the f##king things STILL doing it?
think im gunna have to change this DET sensor and start from scratch with the fault finding
realy starting to boil my piss now

G

GazGti-R

i ave noticedx there abit of a t##t to get at like
i droped my down pipe and i had just enough room to get me arm in to put the plug back on and reckon that i mite be able to change it without moving anything else (will be auckward but mite just be able to do it
one of me mates says hes got 2 primera gt ones that i can try
are they the same .....??

antgtir

This is the part number you should look for:

Part Number 22060-30P00 (all zeros - no oooooooo's)

If its not this then i wouldn't chance trying a different, unless its easy for you to reach the sensor i.e. arms like mr tickle.

Like i said i got mine from the guy i left a link to previously off ebay, for £50 but that was a bargain find, think he sells them as a buy it now for £120, which is £86 cheaper than Nissan, its brand new and an OE part, still a bargain imo.

Ant.

Last edited:
G

GazGti-R

:thumbsup: right finally im getting somewhere with this thing:thumbsup:

as i thought replacing knock sensor did foook all so i started looking at the electrics.!:?
pulled all the centre console and dash surround out ,radio the lot...
started checking the plugs.wires n stuff tried it down the road and it runs mint as if nothing wrong :thumbsup: the second i plug the dials in (i.e the speedo rev,panel) and it goes back to the way it was ...cuting out n stuff:doh: ......unplug it and everythings fine:der:

:der: im thinking has this possibly got something to do with my de-limiter maybe :der:

antgtir

certainly looks that way, are you sure one of the wires aren't shorting or maybe the guy that did it just didnt know what he was doing and bodged it. Get rid, re fit yourself if poss.

Has anyone had any probs with a delimiter breaking down or just going wrong after a length of time?

Ant.

Last edited:

antgtir

Mines under the bonnet, on the drivers side, near the front wing, where the large bundle of loom wires pass through the inner wing.

You will just have to trace these either way until you find a little black box thing.

Ant.