We need to have a track day!

deank93

As above, i was at Brands today with Mr pop pop and Jonee (Who was racing) and i think we really need to have a club track day.

If events are booked up early enough they represent value for money and good god it looks like fun, as usual there was a real mix of cars including Clio Willys, Radicals, Porkers, American muscle cars, pugs, ex-race cars, very quick golfs and everything in between.

I can't help but think that something like this early on in 2006 would set the president for the rest of the year....just my thoughts.

S

Stoned

Not really the right time of year is it?

I would have thought we'd be out there racing gritting lorrys!! :lol:

creedy

Not the right type of weather! u have 4 wheel drive man!

excellant fun and with the colder weather the charge temps are down a bit 8)

deank93

ChrisS said:
Id definatly be up for this
I had a look on easytracks website, there is a track day at Brands Hatch Indy circuit on Feb 18th....only £149 :D if my car is ready, which if there is a god it will be, i'll be there.

O

Odin

deank93 said:
only £149 .

You are jokeing matey :shock: :roll: , Only £149 what a bargain ah :cry: , It's like £50 at knockhill £149 is daylight robbery :evil: .

Once you add the price of fuel (lots) and proberly a set of tyres and brake pads your talking more like £500 for the day if not more :cry: .

If I didn't have a 200k morgage to pay then maybe :wink: .

rob

ChrisS

Im in florida on the 18th of feb, so that rules me out. I thought £149 was about the norm from prices ive seen in the past. Certainly not seen any as cheap as £50 :shock: .

Danny S R

Cadwell (only 30 miles from me) do every friday £99 8)

Well suited to the R i thought pretty tight and small in some places.

deank93

vpulsar said:
deank93 said:
only £149 .

You are jokeing matey :shock: :roll: , Only £149 what a bargain ah :cry: , It's like £50 at knockhill £149 is daylight robbery :evil: .

Once you add the price of fuel (lots) and proberly a set of tyres and brake pads your talking more like £500 for the day if not more :cry: .

If I didn't have a 200k morgage to pay then maybe :wink: .

rob
In comparrison to a lot of other tracks i've been looking at £149 seemed reasonable, especially when talking about a quality gaff like Brands, most seem to be around £150-£250 price bracket.

But if there are decent tracks about that are cheaper obviously they need to be looked at too in order to cater to the masses.

If anyone has links to cheaper track days get'em up and lets have a look :D

ChrisS

Cadwell (only 30 miles from me) do every friday £99

Well suited to the R i thought pretty tight and small in some places.
Cadwells a nice circuit. Not much run off area though if you get it wrong.
Might be a bit out of the way for the general masses(southern ones anyway).
When do the friday nights start from? Surely wont be till we get decent light nights :?