We need to have a track day!

D

deslynam

That is a good point, the MLR and SXOC seem to love the Haynes "test track" near me, but i've done it twice before and thought it's only fit for being used as a go-kart track!
'Tis cheap mind you, usually only £25.

deank93

deslynam said:
Have there been many club trackdays before, and have many people taken their 'Rs on track before? :?:
There were a few track days years ago that were arranged and featured in Revs magazine, one was for R's only the other had Scoobys, R's, Evos a few Lancia Delta evos and a cossie or two....great fun even though it was on a kart track.

There are a few who track there cars on a regular basis, Jonee, R called Jay and a few others.

Were you on the DC2 forum only i'm sure i've seen your avatar before??

D

deslynam

deank93 said:
Were you on the DC2 forum only i'm sure i've seen your avatar before??
No dude, the avatar is just from some random pic site ;)

Seems like we might be able to sort out a good club day out then, shall make some enquiries in the New Year and see what I can come up with, hopefully others will be able to source some info too and we'll get cracking on with it. :D

MarkTurbo

deslynam said:
That is a good point, the MLR and SXOC seem to love the Haynes "test track" near me, but i've done it twice before and thought it's only fit for being used as a go-kart track!
'Tis cheap mind you, usually only £25.
I actually went to the last MLR sprint at haynes and didnt think much of it :?

If i didnt know better i'd have said it was a radio control car track :lol: :lol: :lol:

jonee

r

if you lot realy are up for a trackday / get together then snetterton is more central for most on this forum i think.

to be fair £149- £200 is about the rite price for a decent track such as brands indy and snetterton,as you do have some decent run off area's and marshalls don't come for free.

lets hope this becomes a reality cause it will be a good day out.

just an idea, whynot invite a couple of other clubs to join in that way the cost is spread over a lot more cars and besides theres nothing like the look of a thrashed evo 8 driver's face

jonee