weight loss ideas

Dooie Pop Pop

how bout carbon propshaft/driveshafts, that' d save a few kg' s. no-one seems to make them for the R though :(

you could exchange some of the engine brackets for lightweight aluminuium ones....or is that daft?

cut a big chunk out of your bumper bar like i did :oops:

strip the loom

wieght loss seems to depend on what you want the car for really doesn' t it?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Dooie Pop Pop said:
how bout carbon propshaft/driveshafts, that' d save a few kg' s. no-one seems to make them for the R though :(

Yes they do and for around £2000 it'll save you about 9kg. It's on my todo list :wink: (after carbon seat, carbon tailgate/doors etc :lol: )

houghy_1

How about that bloody heavy bracket for the air con pump thats bolted to the bottom left of the block :!: :!:
Bloody Hell :!: :!:
(If youve removed the air con that is :idea: )

Advice from andy chan"just dont get your hands underneath it when it drops" :idea: :lol:
That weighs 4.5kg :!:

Matt

nismoboy

Fast Guy said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:

Yes they do and for around £2000 it'll save you about 9kg. It's on my todo list :wink: (after carbon seat, carbon tailgate/doors etc :lol: )
how much would u save on just having a carbon propshaft?
how much for just the drive shafts? if we could gauge enough intrest maybe a groupbuy could be arranged to reduce prices.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Nad said:
Soundproofing behind dash 7kg
Soundproofing to floor 15kg
I'll take Nad's word on it as he's removed and weighed it :wink:

The £2000 and 9kg was just for a carbon propshaft.

Carbon doors and tailgate from where already?

Dooie Pop Pop

Fast Guy said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:
how much does the sound deadening stuff weigh then??
Use the search button :roll: :lol:

About 15kg
spose i deserved that :oops: :lol:

would it be much more beneficial to lose as much wieght from the upper part of the car as possible and lower the centre of gravity?

or would it not make that much difference?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Dooie Pop Pop said:
would it be much more beneficial to lose as much wieght from the upper part of the car as possible and lower the centre of gravity?

or would it not make that much difference?
There isn't a great deal to remove at height, but yes it would lower the centre of gravity and may improve things abit. It would also be beneficial to remove as much weight from the front to improve the weight distribution from the almost 70/30 front rear split.

M

macphegf

So when it comes to handling, Subs and amps in the back are actually a good thing!! :shock: