What have you done with your pulsar today?

Sailor96

@fubar andy Folks tend to freak when there isn't a soul in the driver seat (left-hand side), got a bunch of those looks
Most don't have a clue about what it is, but had a few roll down there windows and ask
Still a couple things to get sorted; aircon controller, squeaky bearing on rhs, and the power steering pump also squeaks a bit. Seems I have a loose connection on the aircon controller, by jostling the plug it'll work intermittently. The others I have yet to look into fully, though I'm confident that the pump and rear ps bearing need doing.
Just feels good to be running, maybe now I can focus my efforts to the spare engine and trans

Sailor96

turns out the ps belt was just a bit loose, easy turnin

Sent her off to a local exhaust shop. 2.5" 304ss all the way back, a high flow cat, resonator, and magnaflow same side muffler exiting to a single tip. Should be ready come friday :grinning:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
turns out the ps belt was just a bit loose, easy turnin

Sent her off to a local exhaust shop. 2.5" 304ss all the way back, a high flow cat, resonator, and magnaflow same side muffler exiting to a single tip. Should be ready come friday :grinning:
If its not too late, opt for a 3" system.

It will flow better and there's plenty of roomsfor a 3" system

I noticed a better improvmenet with responce and topend power when I went to a 3" system!

Cathode

Yesterday, i fitted a new alt belt and checked oil. Forgot to put the dipstick in all the way. Boosted down the road and splattered oil all over alternator and turbo. Lots of smoke coming from the bonnet after a while. Looked like the Flying Scotsman going down the A1. Initially i thought crank case pressure had popped oil stick out but this doesn't seem to be the case as i put the dipstick back in properly and spanked it back down the A1 and all seems fine. So, in conclusion the real dipstick is me.

Cathode

Ok, I have searched for the legendary laser cut spacer I’ve been harping in about and can’t find it. I haven’t thrown it away it’s just not in the places where most of my parts are. I’ll keep looking Andy. It should surface. Even if it’s useless and too late. I’m curious to know where it’s gone.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Ok, I have searched for the legendary laser cut spacer I’ve been harping in about and can’t find it. I haven’t thrown it away it’s just not in the places where most of my parts are. I’ll keep looking Andy. It should surface. Even if it’s useless and too late. I’m curious to know where it’s gone.
No problems, work has stopped in the car now until I can get the turbo mounted.

However, I'm on holiday for the next couple of weekends, so if you come across it, I'd be keen to find out so I can try and get at least the turbo mounted before the "clocks go back".

Trying to get most of the bolt ons sorted before it gets cold af in the garage and my motivation, goes into hybernation until next year.

Cathode

No problems, work has stopped in the car now until I can get the turbo mounted.

However, I'm on holiday for the next couple of weekends, so if you come across it, I'd be keen to find out so I can try and get at least the turbo mounted before the "clocks go back".

Trying to get most of the bolt ons sorted before it gets cold af in the garage and my motivation, goes into hybernation until next year.
i'll let you Andy