What tyres would you choose?

M

michael

I'm now thinking about ordering the rubber for my compo MO's that should be arriving sometime next week.

I'm stuck on what tyres are going to be best for my car,

What do people recommend?
i'm gettin 225/35/18 and been quoted prices on pirellis, dunlops and falkens.

cheapest is the falkens at 90 a corner and can get the pirellis for just under 500 notes for the lot.

is there another tyre i shuold be looking at do u think?

youngsyp

18 inches on an R ???!!!! Blimey Charlie !

I'm currently using Toyo T1-R's in a 215/40-16 size and I'm very impressed with them.
Have you looked at BF Goodrich (Profiler G I think ?!)? They have very good write up's from the tyre experts. They're actually made by Michelin iirc. Dunlop Sport Maxx look very good too !

Have a look at www.mytyres.co.uk or www.etyres.co.uk !

M

michael

had a look at the BF tyres on mytyres, can get them in a 30 profile for 133. not too bad a price. little more than i wanted to pay but i'll keep looking about. cheers

Simmo

Have got T1R's on my R and they're spot on; They're progressive aswell - I.e. when you loose grip they don't just go completely (like the Yoko's I've had in the past did) so you can feather the power to get a nice slide round corners ;)

O

Odin

best tyres i've used are the F1's, They where much better than the toyo's I have now.

Rob

marcymarc

Ive always found the Toyos really good tyres, although i have heard the Eagle F1s are pretty damn good :thumbsup:

bracpan

Goodyear F1's are great tyres, but using 18ins wheels on a Pulsar its almost irrelevant as it will not handle very well anyway.
But probably look great for a road car.
Cheers
Phil

O

Odin

bracpan said:
Goodyear F1's are great tyres, but using 18ins wheels on a Pulsar its almost irrelevant as it will not handle very well anyway.
But probably look great for a road car.
Cheers
Phil

Yes fitting 18's to a pulsar on this site is a Shooting offence :der: .

Rob

DanDud

Pirelli P6000's iv found to be very good, although not as good as Eagle F1's! I think the toyo T1-s are over rated a bit, although their still good. But all these tyres were on different cars, non of which is an R. It just depends on what you want to pay really as most of the top brands mentioned above are all very good tyres, everyone has different opinions on them though and this will always be the case.

Last edited:
D

deslynam

Incase you've not bought them yet....

Bridgestone RE720s, I really rate them, even over the Proxies. Much better in the damp and seem to wear out at a slower rate.

faz

Mr GTiR said:
Nankang (sp)
ah, you cant beat the smell of overheated Nankangs! :D

on a serious note, Ive got a set of Uniroyal Rain Sports and havent got a bad word to say about them. Then again I havent tried the rest so my opinion is 1 sided.

I have used uniroyal rainsports for years on my 'R'. only downside is they have a soft sidewall so can totally scrub a set after a few laps but excellent for everyday use and in the wet. don't think you'll be doing much racing with 18's though as you're handling will be crap anyway so the uniroyals would be a good choice if they do them in the size you want.