Why no Rs @ D1 GB ?

L

LexDakarDatsun

hi all,

had the most amazing weekend @ the D1 exhibition @ silverstone

Kazama vs Darren in SR20det v-mount powered ae86 :twisted:

8 car team drifting on friday was an awesome sight 8)

arguably the best "jap" event that UK has seen with team such as Blitz, Top Secret, Kei office, Yashio Factory etc all present

curious to find out why i only spotted 3 Rs including mine all weekend ?

ChrisS

I was there but not in my R :oops: Took advantage of my dads LPG in his v6 alfa. £15 for the 250mile round trip :D

Spotted RAR and a grey r. Didnt see any others. Car park was stacked with 200sx's.

Kazama vs Darren in SR20det v-mount powered ae86
Awesome, dont think the japs would have liked it if the #1 ranked driver was knocked out by one of the europeans. There really was nothing to seperate them in either run.

Great day out, and not as cold as GT battle which was a real bonus :D :D

O

Odin

LexDakarDatsun said:
arguably the best "jap" event that UK has seen

Maybe if you liked drifting which I don't :roll: , I can't see the point when I do a track day I like to get around the track as fast as pos not pose to load of numptys :roll: .

But what ever floats your boat matey :wink: .

rob

L

LexDakarDatsun

cheers for the feedback bob :)

would you enjoy watching track action and drift or do you only enjoy driving ?

keen to get feedback from R enthusiasts about what they might want to see here next yr :

http://www.d1gb.co.uk/

Lex

O

Odin

LexDakarDatsun said:
cheers for the feedback bob :)
Your welcome mate :wink: :D

LexDakarDatsun said:
would you enjoy watching track action and drift or do you only enjoy driving ?
I do get pretty bored watching other people on track I must admit :oops: , I like getting stuck in myself :twisted: :wink: .

Don't get wrong lex the drifting ok and very skillfull but not my thing I used to drift my 260z around tracks 20 years ago :shock: :wink: ,And yes it can be fun but a sport it isn't :wink: .

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

only got the little beastie started today :( missed the D1 due to dull work commitments :roll: shame as i went last yr and really enjoyed it :D

next yr? how about hot rides? :wink: :wink: :wink:

tomble

a friend of mine went there this weekend, got some pics of a cracking R with white compo's!

shall post em up when i get em :)

tom

ChrisS

keen to get feedback from R enthusiasts about what they might want to see here next yr :
Only thing i rekon could improve it would prehaps be something else on track to watch during the quiet bits. I know there was the monster truck thing at lunch, but there was a fair bit of time in the morning with nothing really happening.

OZ-Racing

I enjoyed it, but not sure whether I'd go again (if held at Silverstone).

I think the problem was that you're set a fair way back from the track and because they're only using a couple of bends rather than a complete circuit, it's all over very quickly and you keep having to wait while they go back up the track.

I saw 4 R's inc. mine (which was in the car park). I saw RAR, a grey one and a white one.

tee

tomble said:
a friend of mine went there this weekend, got some pics of a cracking R with white compo's!

shall post em up when i get em :)

tom
get em up mate :twisted:

L

LexDakarDatsun

cheers chaps 8)

there are some very exciting plans for next yr :wink:

i will be @ japshow on the d1gb stand if anyone wants to know more :D

C

Chi-town

i was planning on going but i was too late to buy my "advance tickets" :roll:
i was also bummed about it being a exhibition instead of an actual event. did anyone see the "drift sample" at the BTCC at silverstone 2 weeks ago where 2 S15 silvias crashed in to the "kitty litter"?

Keira

i'd rather watch rallying tbh.

although similar driving techniques are used drifting just doesn't float my boat :(

cant see what all the fuss is about tbh :? must be getting old :( :lol:

tee

ooohh liking them rims 8)

do the mirror fold in automatically or is there a switch? as i've seen loads with the mirror folded in pics

OZ-Racing

tomble said:
hehe tis lookin tidy mate

tom
No, ask erricij, it's a sh1tter just like all the other R's at JAE :roll: :wink:

tee said:
do the mirror fold in automatically or is there a switch? as i've seen loads with the mirror folded in pics
There's a switch :), but you could hook it up to your alarm so they fold in automatically (and the windows go up etc. etc.) when you lock the car.