fcd

MarkTurbo

vpulsar said:
jpward said:
yes the R has a fuel cut (though apears higher in different cars)

You still don't get it do you :roll: , You stupid numpty :roll: :roll: .
Nothing like saying what you think eh Rob :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jpward said:
Mine does and with 2 different ecu's you'd need a five point harness to stay in the seat and more guys on this topic have posted the same
Looks like theres a problem with your car then cos it shouldnt be doing that :wink:

GINGA

If your car is fitted with a uprated chip of some form then it could possibly have a over boost cut of some form built in.
Once more just for the record, the gtir has no overboost cut/fuel cut built in and i've personally seen 2bar+ boost run on a completely standard ecu etc with no boost cuts.

J

jpward

Well one ecu is recond and the other is standard if everyone's so sure there is not one one the car why has there not even been 1 reply as to what it is when the R cuts fuel as the same when the Speed liniter kicks in??? any one explains the difference im all ears

GINGA

You could have a fault with your maf or the wiring thats causes the voltage to drop or cut at a certain load point theres also the possibility that the boost is blowing the spark out and could be cured by simply closing the plug gaps down alittle.
Have you done a ecu fault code check :?: (you might have already said but i'm not reading through 10 pages of bo11ox to find out)

J

jpward

1 maf voltage is spot on up to 5v
2 never have a fault code come up
3 shows fine mixture in extended diagnostic mode
4 i have IK24's and they are perfect colour so again no probs
5 Have a Walbro with 100% voltage reading

Happens more when temp is down so charge is denser and hence spikes more causing cut out.

sypher

could try reducing the electrode air gap by 0.1mm and remove, clean and apply heat transfer paste to the coil primary winding transistor before refitting as this has previously made a difference for some people

J

jpward

sypher said:
could try reducing the electrode air gap by 0.1mm and remove, clean and apply heat transfer paste to the coil primary winding transistor before refitting as this has previously made a difference for some people
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You dont reset the gap on iridum plugs!!!!
Didnt mention that all the ignition components were replaced a couple of months ago and spark is very strong.

MarkTurbo

GINDA said:
jpward said:
Oh dear here we go again :lol:

So you just fitted a set of plugs without checking the gaps first :?: :shock:
Is this guy for real :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He'll be asking if 1 bar is ok on standard pistons next

J

jpward

GINDA said:
jpward said:

IRIDIUM POWER™ GAPPING TIPS

Before attempting to gap any DENSO Iridium Power spark plug, please review the specification chart in the front of this catalog to verify the factory-preset gap. In most cases your Iridium Power plugs do not need to be gapped. Even with small variations in the factory set gap the ultra-efficient firing power design will compensate for those small variations.

Should you decide to re-gap your Iridium Power plug, use extreme caution as improper gapping may damage or destroy the Iridium center electrode or porcelain center.

But then again Denso must be wrong dooh silly me :roll:

Keira

jpward said:
if everyone's so sure there is not one one the car why has there not even been 1 reply as to what it is when the R cuts fuel as the same when the Speed liniter kicks in???
as i've already posted, straight out the manual the only mention of any fuel shut off is.

deisel weasel said:
FUEL SHUT-OFF

Fuel to each cylinder is cut off during decelaration or operation of the engine at excessively high speeds.
anybody that has the 118mph limiter on there car still is experiencing fuel cut, that is governed by the ecu and the speedo out readings if iirc, when you wire in a speed-delimiter you wire in between the speedo and ecu, it doesn't go to the maf circuit.

There is absolutely no mention of any fuel cut as a safety measure to prevent overboost in the manual, the only form of boost control from the ecu is through the knock sensor and the standard wastegate solenoid.

If the standard solenoid is gone, which it will be if you run a boost controller the ecu can no longer limit boost if det is detected and away you go until it goes pop.

if a fuel cut was present, it would prevent you from doing this, just like it limits speed.

On another note the 200sx fuel cut comes in at just over 1bar iirc so it would make sense that nissan use that across the board, so you'd expect it to be the same on the gtir, which it isnt :wink: it doesn't make sense that its any higher, certainly not 1.7bar which as i have said i managed accidently :oops:

Keira

jpward said:
GINDA said:
jpward said:

Before attempting to gap any DENSO Iridium Power spark plug, please review the specification chart in the front of this catalog to verify the factory-preset gap. In most cases your Iridium Power plugs do not need to be gapped. Even with small variations in the factory set gap the ultra-efficient firing power design will compensate for those small variations.

Should you decide to re-gap your Iridium Power plug, use extreme caution as improper gapping may damage or destroy the Iridium center electrode or porcelain center.

heres the rest of that quote for you :wink: :lol:

Q. How do I gap Iridium plugs
A. Before attempting to gap any DENSO Iridium Power spark plug, please review the specification chart to see the factory-preset gap. In most cases your Iridium Power plugs do not need to be gapped. Even with small variations in the factory set gap the ultra-efficient firing power design will compensate for those small variations. Should you decide to re-gap your Iridium Power plug, use extreme caution as improper gapping may damage or destroy the Iridium center electrode or porcelain center. To increase the gap size: Step 1 Use needle nose pliers or spark plug gapping tool to bend the ground strap up to the desired height. DO NOT LET THE PLIERS OR GAPPING TOOL TOUCH THE IRIDIUM CENTER ELECTRODE OR PORCELAIN. Step 2 Re-check the gap with a calibrated gapping tool. To decrease the gap size: Step 1 Use the same method as above, however bend the ground strap down to the desired height. DO NOT LET THE PLIERS OR GAPPING TOOL TOUCH THE IRIDIUM CENTER ELECTRODE OR PORCELAIN. Step 2 Re-check the gap with a calibrated gapping tool. WARNING: Failure to follow these directions may permanently damage the spark plug. Note: Never use a round gapping tool to check the gap or to increase or decrease the gap setting.

i didn't think it was possible but you really must be as stupid as you're making yourself look :wink: :lol:

J

jpward

deisel weasel said:
anybody that has the 118mph limiter on there car still is experiencing fuel cut, that is governed by the ecu and the speedo out readings if iirc, when you wire in a speed-delimiter you wire in between the speedo and ecu, it doesn't go to the maf circuit.
I never said it did!! i do know this

J

jpward

deisel weasel said:
jpward said:
GINDA said:
jpward said:

heres the rest of that quote for you :wink: :lol:

Q. How do I gap Iridium plugs
A. Before attempting to gap any DENSO Iridium Power spark plug, please review the specification chart to see the factory-preset gap. In most cases your Iridium Power plugs do not need to be gapped. Even with small variations in the factory set gap the ultra-efficient firing power design will compensate for those small variations. Should you decide to re-gap your Iridium Power plug, use extreme caution as improper gapping may damage or destroy the Iridium center electrode or porcelain center. To increase the gap size: Step 1 Use needle nose pliers or spark plug gapping tool to bend the ground strap up to the desired height. DO NOT LET THE PLIERS OR GAPPING TOOL TOUCH THE IRIDIUM CENTER ELECTRODE OR PORCELAIN. Step 2 Re-check the gap with a calibrated gapping tool. To decrease the gap size: Step 1 Use the same method as above, however bend the ground strap down to the desired height. DO NOT LET THE PLIERS OR GAPPING TOOL TOUCH THE IRIDIUM CENTER ELECTRODE OR PORCELAIN. Step 2 Re-check the gap with a calibrated gapping tool. WARNING: Failure to follow these directions may permanently damage the spark plug. Note: Never use a round gapping tool to check the gap or to increase or decrease the gap setting.

i didn't think it was possible but you really must be as stupid as you're making yourself look :wink: :lol:
Here he goes the night again you nonce

The plugs are pre set and for your info was checked prior to install which found to be ok as to check for manufacturing tolerances

I doubt the car would run sweet if this was not the case nor would the plugs be the correct colour or infact why has this engine lasted daily driving for 6 years on 1.2bar!

So go on what bull's coming out of you now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keira

jpward said:
The plugs are pre set
pre set to what ?

you aint claiming you went in a shop and asked for some 1.2bar suitable spark plugs are you :shock: :lol: :lol:

you do know why you decrease the gap on plugs dont you ?

GINGA

jpward said:
The plugs are pre set and for your info was checked prior to install which found to be ok as to check for manufacturing tolerances
If you are using the standard nissan gap size then its wrong for nearly twice the standard boost pressure and you need to close the gap down by at least 0.1mm to prevent the spark blowing out under boost.