Racing the Pulsar

olliecast

That's sounds very promising matey.

Be very interesting in doing the same on mine as I've fitted my cage exactly the same as yours, I.e with the interior in and the back seats down

Ollie

bracpan

Ollie, yes it should fit yours all depends if it will miss the cross beam on your rollcage...I think it should but did not have another car to measure.. it took a while to get the containment right, Jon Olds was a great help as he took pics of his to give me an idea of where to start. I had to take a mould from the boot/tank conection area then build it from there...its a bit like a battery box only bigger with a few extra shapes...
Cheers
Phil

P

pulsarboby

pity you never contacted me regarding trailer phil, i was selling an almost new brian james trailer with the proper bolt on tyre rack.
it came with my megabusa but i didnt need the trailer as i have the low loader!
i put it on ebay in the finish after offering it for sale on here and there were people clambering after buying it.
was the triple lock one, and low load height

bracpan

Finaly got a trailer a Brian James, found localy. Car back on the road this week, complete with Swirl pot, Better BOV, Lighter Door bars and a 3ins downpipe.... Have a few bits and bobs to do before first race but have 5 weeks...might fit bigger injectors and go for a bit more power, we will see. Have to work out my budjet for the year first.

warringtonjack

Finaly got a trailer a Brian James, found localy. Car back on the road this week, complete with Swirl pot, Better BOV, Lighter Door bars and a 3ins downpipe.... Have a few bits and bobs to do before first race but have 5 weeks...might fit bigger injectors and go for a bit more power, we will see. Have to work out my budjet for the year first.
I'll have to get down and see you at a couple of the races this year mate. Interesting to see the project developing. :)

bracpan

Did first even last weekend, sent personal best for the Llandow track but was beaten by cars on 1B track day tyres,,,must admit getting fed up with different chamionships running different tyres I cant afford 3 sets to be competative...not sure wether U shuld strip the car down and run in Fullt modified and can use slicks again......will see how the summer goes.
Phil

STU666V

Chin up Phil at least you got a PB ;-)
I went modified this year as the cars in road going class still have 550bhp so no point for me!

bracpan

Yes one was an A3 he only lost by 2/100th sec, very quick car/driver I wish we had speed trap time etc.
Phil

bracpan

Had a much better race last weekend, I droped my personal best time by over 1 second and was less then half a second away from the Scooby class winner and he was on 1B tyres...was the best I have driven for a while .
Looking forward to this weekend in Pembrey to see if the swirl pot really works, and the Scooby has to run road tyres as well,,,only thing is I think the Evo in the class will be on the 1B tyres as he is not in the midland champ...bloody pain this.
Cheers
Phil

STU666V

Good on you Phil :thumbsup:
All that hard work is paying off :lol:

One of the boys that races with me is heading down your way this weekend (hillclimb at shelsley) evo with a charger and a turbo! bloody fast :lol:

Good luck this weekend!

bracpan

Sh*t F**k and sod it......Was having a problem selecting 3rd gear yeasturday on the runs even with a block I was still either going into 5th or slight crunsh into 3rd...was again only a second behind the leading Evo who was on 1B tyres.
Then on the last run lost 3rd and 4th....selector gone.....
What can you say, thats racing....dontthink ill be out for a little while, will also try and find out if there is a stronger selector still available..
Cheers for all your support.
Phil.
PS The dam car is handling a treat to......

STU666V

Just slap in another box until you get your one fixed? Chin up mate i am sure Martyn will sort you out ;-)