Raising the compression?

Keira

i apologise for ever questioning you, its obvious now you have searched and attempted to help yourself with the many years worth of information available....go right ahead with the easy boost upgrade and enjoy yourself (albeit for about 30minutes)

olliecast

Fire & skill said:
early HKS EVC, Profec B, Blitz DSBC, blitz sbc id-3.

personally - buy a profec b, its simple and a great bit of kit

thankyou, i`ll have a look at these.

cheers for your input mate

(if there`s any confusion in my post. By, (in the title) "simple boost contoller" i mean one without loads of settings. i want high boost and low boost. I`ll be fitting then getting the afr checked immediately. I`m not looking for a cheap mod, just a good controller, with the ability to give differing boost levels consistantly and accurately).

O

Odin

olliecast said:
(if there`s any confusion in my post. By, (in the title) "simple boost contoller" i mean one without loads of settings. i want high boost and low boost. I`ll be fitting then getting the afr checked immediately. I`m not looking for a cheap mod, just a good controller, with the ability to give differing boost levels consistantly and accurately).

Profec B :thumbsup: .

Rob

O

Odin

ashills said:
yep lsd viscous centre diff same as rear you should know that by now rob lol

I knew it was a viscose diff, Just wasn't sure how it was classed, It's not like a proper plated diff is it ;-) .

Rob

Trip

Odin said:
I knew it was a viscose diff, Just wasn't sure how it was classed, It's not like a proper plated diff is it ;-) .

Rob
If i am not mistaken a "plated diff" would be a clutch type, some even call it "mechanical type". Cusco does one for our rear diff.

youngsyp

If you're going to do it properly, get an EBC.

It's not just about raising the boost to 1 bar but, how the boost curve behaves as the engine revs. With an EBC, you can reduce lag by upping the gain/duty on the EBC to keep the wastegate closed all the way until it needs to open, once your peak boost figure has been made. This will obviously improve engine response and, make the car feel very different.

With the '1 bar loop' mod, you cant do this. The wastegate will always bleed a certain amount of boost off, due to how the actuator is controlled.

Personally I use an AVC-R. It does take a wee while to set up and isn't the easiest EBC to understand but, there are plenty of good tutorials about, to help you out.
From what I've read though, the Greddy Profec B (II) is a very good bit of kit. Very simple to set up, cheap and does what it say's on the tin. :thumbsup:

O

Odin

Keira said:
neither is any other viscous diff :der: that's why they're called viscous :lol:
You misunderstood my reply :doh: .

I just meant that I wasn't sure if the centre diff works the same way as the rear, I no the difference between a viscose diff and a plated diff.

I've just never been interested enough in diffs to research the difference in how the rear viscose diff and the centre viscose diff operate if their is any difference at all.

As I'm not trying to some drag day legend it didn't seem important :roll: .

Rob

Trip

youngsyp said:
I always thought a helical gear diff was the 'proper' LSD ?! :lol:
I don’t think you can put a "Proper" to any type of LSD. There are many type of LSD technologies, whether its electronic, viscous, clutch or torsen, they all in a way or another limit the slip between the output shafts.

youngsyp

Trip said:
I don’t think you can put a "Proper" to any type of LSD. There are many type of LSD technologies, whether its electronic, viscous, clutch or torsen, they all in a way or another limit the slip between the output shafts.
That's it mate. Horses for courses.
Your choice of diff depends on your intended application.

Rob, the viscous diff, as with any diff will work the same regardless of whether it's in the centre, rear or front. It's simply distributing torque/drive between two axles. ;-)

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
Rob, the viscous diff, as with any diff will work the same regardless of whether it's in the centre, rear or front. It's simply distributing torque/drive between two axles. ;-)

I would of thought that the centre diff maybe had a different thickness/grade of fluid :? .

Rob

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
All my diffs use the same. Silkolene Syn 5. ;-)
I meant inside the diff it's self of cause and not the oil that goes in the casing :roll: :doh: , Different fluids give different response's, Well that's my understanding anyway.

Rob

youngsyp

Odin said:
I meant inside the diff it's self of cause and not the oil that goes in the casing :roll: :doh: , Different fluids give different response's, Well that's my understanding anyway.

Rob
The diffs sit in/ are surrounded by the fluid. Their not sealed units on the GTiR ?! At least that's how I understand it.
But yes, different fluids will give different responses.

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
The diffs sit in/ are surrounded by the fluid. Their not sealed units on the GTiR ?! At least that's how I understand it.
But yes, different fluids will give different responses.

What I was really trying to get at was that I wasn't sure if both diffs where exactly the same, Being that the centre diffs job is to split the drive 50/50 safely, But i have no idea how the rear splits the drive, Most of the time it would be 50/50 but just how it controls the split under different loads goes straight over my head.

Rob