Raising the compression?

Scotty

Looking forsome answers please!

Please do not delete, genuine question!

I have an INTEC racing tecnology ecu in my 'R' and was wondering if anyone knew anything about these ecu's and could give me some info on them?

Cheers ;-)

P

pulsarboby

ah just realised who you are lol, hows the gearbox? have you fitted it yet?

remember what i told you the other day regarding someone on this site, pass the word on to all your mates;-)

Fusion Ed

Scotty said:
Im based in cambridge, the link shaun put up was the only thing i could find on them!

Ok that's a bit far just to look at the ecu data. You could always post it to me and I'd pay for the return, I would be as interested to see what's been done as you are.

Radleigh

350bhp - the perfect spec?!

What would you choose?

Ive done a brief search, but I havent found much tbh :? So if there are any previous threads please feel free to post them

If not then , whats good for 350bhp...:lol:

I have a rough idea, but Im uncertain:oops:

Cheers, Radleigh

KF79GTIR

Whats good for 350BHP
1. Make sure you replace the standard rad for something more up to the job of keeping running temps down.
2. A decent boost controller preferably ellectronic.
3. An uprated clutch.
4. A new turbo as the standard t28 will not last long at 1.3bar
5. Uprate your brakes because with all that go you need to be able to stop.
6. A new fuel pump.
7. Remap your ecu.
8. Boost gauge & wideband to keep an eye on things.

Kev.

mattytappy

cant really say on the comp ratios....but by jo is that cheap.....has anyone fitted one of these on here??? as it sound too good to be true.....if there any good i may even consider one myself.....?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Do you want it to handle or just go in a straight line?

Engine
Standard Internals
Port and Flow the Head
1.2mm HKS Gasket
Skim and Raise compression to 8:8:1
260deg Custom Kent Cams
GT2871R @ 1.5bar

Cooling
Koyo Twin Core Alu Rad
Mocal Oil Cooler Kit
FMIC

Drive Train
Standard Gearbox - Shotpeened
SuperClutch Kit - Organic Plates

Chasis
Strip & Cage
Bucket Seats and Harness
Whiteline Handling Kit
Intrax Coilovers
NISMO 2-way Rear Diff
NISMO/Cusco 1-way Front Diff

Brakes & Wheels
AP 4POTS
Braided Lines
Lightweight Wheels of choice - 16" are good for the handling and preserving the gearbox.

ECU & Fueling
Emanage Ultimate - fine for that spec
A'PEXI AVC-R Boost Controller
600cc SARD Injectors
Walbro 255L Internal Pump

I know i will have missed a few things off but you get the idea..

Rishi

Rishi

9:1 comp ratio would drop to about 8:8:1 with our head.. You can use other techniques to alter the compression including opting for the 8:5:1 pistons..

Good thing about this is that you get the 2.2L capacity without increasing the piston speed that comes with using a stroker crank so you can get away with reving more than you would with a stroker setup..

Still not 100% on going to 90mm bores but i know its been done in the past and there is someone on this board with the same setup in the process of being built..

Rishi

Last edited:

mattytappy

do you know if they are using this very kit. rishi...are the cp pistons any good?....value for money against the brain crower kit or the tomie you can save almost $3200 or in good old english serlin £1700 odd quid...thats massive....to cheap to be true surely..?

Rishi

It is this very same Kit/Setup thats being used.. Not sure if they were the 9:1 or 8:5 C/R pistons though..

CP Pistons are very well proven in high HP engines.. They are sister company to Pankl who make some excellent Rods..

Radleigh

I want it to handle, But thats being taken care off...;-) Tiens on there way along with some chassis mods from a good friend who does drag cars.. Im not into quarter stuff though!

My spec so far is

CP forged pistons
Moongoose 3" straight through
Standard headgasket just done.
GAB adjustable suspension front and rear
front mount intercooler
13 row Oil cooler
apexi sus stainless steel filter
mongose full exhaust with decat
14psi
tarrox g88 front discs with EBC red stuff pads < Soon to be changed to Hi-Spec 4 Pots
goodridge stainless steel brake lines all round
RPS streetmax clutch
quickshift

Had a rebuilt gearbox aswell last year

And Im on 16" speedlines

Scotty

Hi boby, ya worked it out now!!! LOL. It still sits in my boot which sucks. I should of asked you how much you would charge to fit the box. How much do you charge??? Im such a retard!

I would like to see what the ecu is all about but i do kinda need it in the car! From what that link says it doesnt need mapping, but what if i put more trick bits on the car does it adjust its self then? there dont seem to be many around as i cant find out anything about intec!

Scotty

Hi cambridge pulsar, so how many in the area? I had mine about 5 weeks now and it been broke for 3! b#st#rd car!

davey red.r

got your forged your more or less there is your gearbox standard ?because it wont be too happy with 350 bhp. be better off getting youself a quaife box if you can afford it, obviously there will be people saying a standard box will be ok for 350bhp but ive been through 3 in 2 rrs running bout 330bhp and each one just kept getting there cogs chewed off ,jst thought id share that advice with you good look davey:thumbsup: