Raising the compression?

soin

drove up to coventry v early this morning , but it was well worth the drive , OS giken twin plate , bearly ran in, 600 or so miles maybe a months use .. cracking price from seller , a top guy . clutch has been examined and stands up to sellers claims .. was £1100, new from hiteq

so hopefully by fri/sat i ll finally have my motor back

as martyn says ap motors and alan jeffry aka enginetuner do work very well together and may not be rivals as one could easily assume , my R is testament to that , putting out good power and the engine bay really does look fantastic ....

pics to come

cheers

Fusion Ed

Thats not bad power. What boost was the car running at max power? We got 418bhp@ 1.5 on one here with cams. (same turbo)

M

Martynj

As Soin stated the car was set to a peak boost of 1.6 bar , with a stock head and cam setup I am quite pleased with the result...
I suspect that when the new clutch is fitted we may see a higher torque figure but not much more top end power , only time will tell....

soin

i had a set of cams lined up ,but what with the way the time factors worked out it was too late to implement them into the build ... early part of next year i think ... im pretty sure i m gonna need to do the brakes rather soonish .. im keeping my eye on the KevD 8 pot kit , hoping there gonna be available soon .... as for now though im thoroughly skinted and maxed out ...

Fusion Ed

Well good luck with the tuning. You still have a fair bit left in that turbo as my signature shows you below. Just wait till you get the car back your going to find it insane.

soin

yeah cheers ed , ive gothe rest of the week off , so as soon as i get the call that the car is ready im gonna fill it with vpower and do the entire tankfull ...

i want the turbo to last a while ed so what would be considered over working the 3071 .. what can i expect @ 1.6 bar longevity wise ?

soin

well i was looking forward to having the car back today , but its blown a coolant hose whilst on the dyno for final map , AEARRRGGH bloody car !!! more waiting, .... monday now, until the next issue arises ... still , better it go on the dyno than whilst im driving it ...

M

Martynj

You are not having much luck with it are you m8 , was the heater hose that let go...
Looks like it has just lost integrity due to age ( Not uncommon) and gave up the ghost...
Easy to fix and as you said better on the dyno than on the road as you wont have seen it go and could have overheated it very quickly....

Martyn

soin

a blessing in disguise i suppose martyn , hope it didnt make to much of a mess of the dyno room floor .. roll on monday

MINESGTIR

Ppg Straight Cut Gearset

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Ive been quoted :

1/2 Gears £1445
3rd Gear £519.29
4th Gear £519.29

3/4 SELECTOR FORK £334

Im not trying to skimp on my purchase... please can someone identify if and when the selector fork is needed... should i get it seeing as im spending £2500 anyways?

what benefit would i get from an uprated fork.. i guess itll just hold the thing better together?

ive been told the selector fork is a prob on these little beaties?

would it be a disaster not to buy it if im buying 1-4 straight cut gears ?

ashills

would recomend it if u are going for big power as the action of banging it through the gears with a dog box will destroy the standard forks

MINESGTIR

its not a dog box. just a striaght cut gearset.

i have a HKS GD PRO clutch rated to 500bhp (£1500) and a HKS flywheel (£450) and power im aiming for is 400 - 450bhp.

the box is clearly the weak link... just want to get it right...

O

Odin

If you're going to the expense of buying and fitting that gear set then don't scrimp on the selector fork mate, You will regret it if it breaks on you, I bought the Par uprated 3rd/4th selector fork a few years ago, It's just a little more piece of mind I think.

Rob

ashills

ive never had confirmation they did a syncro straight cut box, be brilliant if they do but all the uk dealers only list that option for subaru's

Kev@Apex

ashills said:
all the uk dealers only list that option for subaru's
The listing I have is below, the PPG listing states helical if it is - I'll double check but I'm pretty sure they only list a striaght cut gear for the GTiR

Nissan N14 GTiR (Final Drive) £1,075.21
Nissan N14 GTiR 1/2 (dog box) £1,710.56
Nissan N14 GTiR 3/4 (dog box) £1,392.89
Nissan N14 GTiR 5th (dog box) £995.80
Nissan N14 GTiR 1-5 (dog box) £3,854.84
Nissan N14 GTiR 1/2 (syncro) £1,445.83
Nissan N14 GTiR 3rd (syncro) £519.29
Nissan N14 GTiR 4th (syncro) £519.29
Nissan N14 GTiR 3/4 billet selector fork £333.98

MINESGTIR

anyone running a PPG STRAIGHT CUT SET?

my god... the noise it makes sounds fooking awesome and id much rather this then a non straight cut Quaife !!!!!