Raising the compression?

Keira

MORF114 said:
My point being if the rough guide he put up for having good vacumm at such a such - vacuum is obviously a load of bollocks everything in my engine is running sweet as can be very good compression and runs good i have problems with my R, just not in the engine i dont need to look for them.
MORF114 said:
And who is storing their car up for the winter i think i might of missed something in the post cant see anyone talking about storing their car and not wanting to go out and enjoy driving it ?

My gearbox is ****ed and is getting taken out today and im in summer and dont really get bad cold enough weather to call a season here winter so that rules me out, so who is that aimed at ?
what you getting all out of your tree for :lol: personally i dont think any of it was aimed at you... :lol: i know for sure my posts weren't, i was replying to the op :der: :lol:

i really dont know what it is, but why the fook does it seem that everyone on here is abit sensitive and thinks random posts are aimed at them these days :lol:

Last edited:

Braveheart

What a strange turn of thread.....:roll:
The negative vacuum guide was great....:thumbsup:
Now stop taking the piss out us devoted R ownwers Keira...;-) :lol:

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.....................just a gripe that bugs me

Over the years I have heard loads of people aying that they store there car over winter, examples below

gunmetalgtir said:
Tell me about it! :doh: I solved this problem by not using my car in winter though!! :lol:

Please tell me that that's not your Calibra in the background with the chromies for the homies?? :der: :lol:
saddler said:
well not quite.. but this little beast :oops: keeps my R off the road over winter and week days.. its a citroen zx 19 td where looks are not its best feature its cheap to buy (£180 with tax/tested i got this one..) cheap to Run and thanks to its 1.9td peugeot engine this car rockets for a D :shock:

so lets see your 2nd cars :thumbsup:

MORF114

Well i took the box off this morning here are some pics if any one can see anything wrong,
The problem seems to be that the shaft which comes out the box that connects to the gear shift rod then to the lever doesnt push the box into 2nd or 4th but if you start off in 2nd or 4th it drives fine just wont go back into the gear once you get out of either of them .

Where is 2nd and 4th gear in the pics?

I was wondering when my quaiffe kit came it said that a certain part needed to be machined, i was wondering if this never got machined would that cause my problems? im clueless about gearbox workings just looking at all those cogs fries my brain.

Last edited:

MORF114

Yes these were in took them out before i took of end casing, the first time i took off end casing it was a nightmare trying to find them.

gtirx2

2nd in the pic is on the larger shaft [main shaft] with the taper bearings on and is the 2nd spinning/ moving cog from the bottom.
You can just see it in your last pic on the left.
4th is on the other shaft [input shaft] and is the 2nd spinning/moving cog from the bottom again,the spinning cog in the middle on that shaft from your last pic.
These gears use different selector forks to engage them in gear so i would of thought that your problem could be something to do with the selector shaft balls in the wrong place or the selecter shafts tight in the casing or something?
TBH i am not to sure but i don't think its a problem with the gears more a problem with the selecter shafts?

antgtir

Can someone let me know how im able to find the voltage across the TPSensor using the datalogger / datascan

Cheers,

Ant.

antgtir

Thanks for the offers guys. I already have my cousins TPS ready to be tested however i wanted to know if i was able to adjust the TPS and change the idle voltage across it by this change in position. Im not sure on exactly how this works, whether or not the idle voltage changes as you adjust the TPS by twisting it.

If any of you guys could let me know how to obtain the voltage across this i can play around with the sensor on the car and see if that makes any kind of difference to the running.

MicraEd told me that the TPS voltage was a little low (this was done by the data i supplied via datascan) so it must be readily available from the datascan info but i cant seem to see where this info is, or how it was calculated.

Hope you guys had a good christmas by the way.

Cheers,

Ant.

MORF114

Spool front diff

Without taking my transfer box apart to have a look would it be possible to fit a spool in my front diff, only plan on drag racing my R so doesnt need to go round corners well.

Look forward to some replies.

Keira

your best bet would probably be to chuck a phantom grip in there.

Our diff has to have the connecting shaft that goes into the gearbox bolt up to it. If you cant bolt that up none of it will work.

You could also pull the open diff out and weld it up if you were really brave :lol:

MORF114

just want to try something different dont like the idea of the phantom grip.

Uprated diffs are so hard to come by there really is no point looking for them. i think ive seen a centre and a rear for sale in 2 years never seen a front forsale yet.

O

Odin

MORF114 said:
just want to try something different don't like the idea of the phantom grip.

I'll let you know what I think of the phantom grip in a few weeks ;-) .

Rob

MORF114

Cheers Rob,

I was also thinking that a spool would probably kill driveshafts pretty quickly, but is it a small price to pay not spending a fortune on a uprated lsd.

S

scottydouk!

Anyone on here or know of anybody who has used the company called 'Techniclutch'?

Just wondering if any one on here or knows of anybody who has used company called 'Techniclutch'? and had problems?
They are a Ebay based vender and sell mainly clutches and some other bits.
Reason behind this is because taking them to court and wondering if anyone else has had same problems with them and wish to fill me in to help my case even more.
Fitted their exedy 3 paddle ceramic clutch kit, bedded it in, no leaks etc etc and started to slip as came on boost and never got any better.
Car is a Toyota Starlet GT turbo only running 180BHP! The standard clutch put the power down so why cant this upgraded one! Sent it back etc they saying no fault found and wont refund.
Have heard from others they are a smaller clutch in size and not a authorised vender to sell 'Exedy' clutches? The packaging that the kit came in wasnt the red seperate boxes it was all in one grey box?
All help will be appriciated!
Cheers.