Raising the compression?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
There is no speedo cable as such, it's electric.
Not heard of it on this car (yet) but gearbox problems can sometimes cause the speedo to go tits up (I think it normally tends to cut out rather than wobble tho)

Does it do it in any gear at that speed?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Oi you cheeky fooker! I drove it round for quite a bit on the dog box!..

Its not ideal in town but its managable if necessary..

warringtonjack

My speedo can be anything up to 10mph out. Either too high or too low. I never got to the bottom of it, so I use an Apexi RSM instead now. :thumbsup:

J

joshuaclark

warringtonjack said:
To me, it looks like the things holding you back are the injectors, maf and tubby. If its just a 28 hybrid, then you'll be looking at about 340 i'd say before it starts running out of puff.

Get bigger injectors, a z32maf and a 3071, put 2 bar through it and run at 450bhp! :thumbsup:

450bhp!:shock: Dont know what my gearbox would think to that!! ha sounds good tho haha

J

joshuaclark

houghy_1 said:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Just up the road from me near enough:thumbsup:
Im in New Mills;-)
I know mate, have to meet up sometime if you want?

J

joshuaclark

350bhp at 1.3 on a t28 is very impresive mate, well done! am runnin 1.5 on mine

PaulB

I had my car remapped at the Racing Line. Can vouch for Matt doing a top job, and is the ECU guru of choice of the MLR, very capable.

Mines running 387bhp at 1.3bar with a gt30 and 550's using a daughterboard. Going to go the NisTune route and get over 400bhp soon.

kirko

PaulB said:
I had my car remapped at the Racing Line. Can vouch for Matt doing a top job, and is the ECU guru of choice of the MLR, very capable.

Mines running 387bhp at 1.3bar with a gt30 and 550's using a daughterboard. Going to go the NisTune route and get over 400bhp soon.

you must have maxxed your injectors:?

i will vouch for matt at trl he has alot of experience mapping cars probably more than most;-)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What are the standard ratios for the Modena box?
I've already worked out what custom ratios I need.
Only problem is they don't take credit card, so I'd be lucky to ever have the money in the bank to transfer to them.:doh:

gtir_pimp

i have the same problem now, just had my gearbox replaced and the abs light is on! did you replace with a new sensor and how much did it cost you? did the same garage do it?

gtir_pimp

also just took it for a run to do the check, and its a number 5, front left!!! the bloke must have caught it when doing the box! my mate on here whos got a silver R had his abs light on when he had his engine out and the same person done it!
where do we stand? should the bloke replace for free as its a stupid mistake to make, or is it 50 50 when taking the engine out and is an easy mistake that he cant guaranee it will be ok? obviously we have no proof but i know my abs was fine when it went in on monday night to have the box done and when i collected it thursday its the first thing i noticed!

Sam_M

This was an old post, Well the garage that changed my box never worked on my car since. I changed the sensor (cant rememb er how much it was from either Pulsarbobby or Mr GTiR) and still got the same problems, so I just took the fuse out.

Got my gearbox changed AGAIN recently by Olly Owen, and strangely enough putting the fuse back in, the ABS now works. I havent actually asked Olly if he noticed anything unplugged apart from that he noticed a few bolts missing from the gearbox, an engine mount loose, and another bolt grinded off.

Next time any major work needs doing its going back to Olly as at least I know the job was done properly.

Have you checked the connection in the engine bay for the front left ABS Sensor, I think its by the air filter.

Ill try to find out for you if Olly noticed anything unconnected when changing the box which could have effected the ABS Sensor

gtir_pimp

havent checked that yet, will do tomorrow along with taking the wheel off and checking the face of the sensor. just spoke to pulsarboby and he said some dirt could have been knocked onto the face of the sensor as its an easy thing to do. the guy who done it has done work on my R and my mates and has one himself. never had any probs with him but sometimes these things happen!
cheers

Last edited:
S

sR20DET

how heavy is the SR

am looking at buying an engine stand and don't really want to spend more than i need too.
so does any one have any idea how heavy the pulsar engine is?:?

any help would be appreciated

mike