Raising the compression?

noriek2003

Fast Guy said:
Unfortunately I supplied an uprated fork that I got from 00sid. It had a plate welded on the other side, but it will only stop the fork snapping, I can't see it stopping the pivot point going through again in a few years
did yours not like this ?

CanadianR

Fast Guy said:
Unfortunately I supplied an uprated fork that I got from 00sid. It had a plate welded on the other side, but it will only stop the fork snapping, I can't see it stopping the pivot point going through again in a few years.

Mind you, hopefully my engine will be out again before then for a rebuild.

But did the RPS clutch force the pivot point through or was it that plus about 15years of wear and tear. Guess I'll find out if this one goes again in a couple of years.:doh:
The only post I've read since I've joined that looks forward to having the engine break/be out!:lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
noriek2003 said:
did yours not like this ?
Nope. nothing like it. It had a large plate welded across the top edges in the bottom picture, that was all. Yours looks alot better.

Was yours from 00sid?

Forgot to add

pulsarboby said:
dont like those rps paddle jobbies, they are far tooooo heavy
I have the organic one, so it's not the heaviest of the RPS range.:doh:

Last edited:
I

irishjohn

do 3071's use a t25 style exhaust housing? i'm thinking of fitting one after my winter rebuild.

turbodaily

Micra Ed said:
nothing needs griding with the 3071, at least the ones i deal with anyway.
ive had 2 3071's off you on 2 of my old Rs and had to grind away some of the front gearbox mount bracket, as the comp housing was fouling it abit. :doh: other than that went on fine. :)

ashills

turbodaily said:
ive had 2 3071's off you on 2 of my old Rs and had to grind away some of the front gearbox mount bracket, as the comp housing was fouling it abit. :doh: other than that went on fine. :)

ive always just slackened bolts and moved the bracket over abit some may have more play than others

turbodaily

lots of factors like variations in manifold castings, engine position etc etc but ive had to do it on 2 different cars and a friend did also. only takes a sec to grind off anyway

the chief

turbodaily said:

thought it was only mine that done that!

Jonesy

Any one else that has a rattle like this i would advise to get it checked now before its to late :shock: . Thanks for the help anyway pulsarbobby and ashills yous were right :thumbsup: .
Just waiting on bearings arriving from eric's performance parts.

P

pulsarboby

Jonesy said:
Any one else that has a rattle like this i would advise to get it checked now before its to late :shock: . Thanks for the help anyway pulsarbobby and ashills yous were right :thumbsup: .
Just waiting on bearings arriving from eric's performance parts.

are you 100% sure the cranks not damaged, marked or ovalled in any way?

dont like to be bearer of bad news but something has gone badly wrong there, and i would say the bearings been starved of oil or something along those lines.
will be truly amazed if theres no damage to crank and you get away with it tbh!
hopefully for your sake im wrong though.

Jonesy

There's not a mark on the crank anyway.
Not sure about it being ovalled surely it would be marked if it was.
The bearings have worn through to the copper, we thought they had just got that badly worn that its led to this.

P

pulsarboby

its the busted one i would be more concerned about though!
im really amazed its not marked the crank! check across the oilway on the crank journal to the web for cracking as they are notorious for it, just dont wanna see you possibly throw a load of money for shells down the drain.

but hopefully you will be a very lucky lad and get away with it.