Raising the compression?

P

pulsarboby

theres no reason why they shouldnt take 500-600bhp, the gasket will blow before the bolts do.
now the sr20det bolts from 200sx are thinner so wouldnt take as much as the rnn14 ones to lift. all should be fine providing there torqued up correctly with a degree gauge!

antgtir

Have you tried inspecting it with the fork boot off? The actual fork is straight (ish) so as long as you can see into the bell housing you should be able to make out if its bent or not. Id look on the rear of the fork the face that has the folded edges of the fork if you know what i mean.

Ant.

turbodaily

adam its been like it since day one mate. so i can get it mapped if i want but i think il sort this first and change det sensor whilst im there, will do it in a day easy. 8)

will take a look under the boot 2mrw nice one chaps

markweatherill

It isn't a GtiR but something very similar underneath... a Rasheen. Trouble is it only has a 1500cc engine so this is an attempt to reduce driveline losses. Now, is there a market for used propshafts and viscous couplings?

turboloon

det sensor wiring...

how easy is it to change out the above...i have fitted a new det sensor and still getting a 34 code and yes i cleared the code but it keeps coming back:evil: really starting to anoy me now!!grrrr!!

Jonesy

Probably better checking the wiring first before replacing it, just check it isn't open circuit or high resistance between the sensor and ecu.

sumo

jason giv me a call tomorrow all be doning the gearbox out of car and all giv u a look at the info that i hav

azboy

turbodaily said:
adam its been like it since day one mate. so i can get it mapped if i want but i think il sort this first and change det sensor whilst im there, will do it in a day easy. 8)

will take a look under the boot 2mrw nice one chaps
ill give u a hand if u want m8 got a box to do on bazzes car next weekend though 1 full days work 8 till 6 if all goes well

turboloon

Jonesy said:
Probably better checking the wiring first before replacing it, just check it isn't open circuit or high resistance between the sensor and ecu.
wot does high resistance indicate ..?is it wires that are in poor condition..?:oops:

marcymarc

Jonesy said:

Oi :lol:

Whats happening with my car??

Jonesy

turboloon said:
wot does high resistance indicate ..?is it wires that are in poor condition..?:oops:
Yes the wire should be low resistance just a few ohms as scott said.
Chances are though the wire will probably be open circuit (broke) or ok. Its unlikely the wire would just break though.
Maybe a problem with the connector on the det sensor is more likely.

turboloon

no the car is not detting ....from my understanding the only reason you will see a code 34 is if the det sensoror wiring/ecu is goosed ..